Big Bud farm tractor info needed

I'm looking at going into a different realm for models. I want to make a Big Bud 4WD articulating farm tractor and need plan views or a decent priced 1/32 die cast. At the very least I need basic measurements. I want to make these 1/24. These particular ones are very unique in there history and tractor size. Big Bud also made the world's largest farm tractor. They are popular around the U.S. mainly Montana where they are ideal for the large prairies. Unfortunately none came to Canada that I know of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ncWvI2nr8  Here are a few in the video to show. Ag shows don't have die casts anymore, at least not here. I want to also model the big 747 version. I have a line on tyres that are useable but expensive if I make three tractors which would be the goal. If anyone can help in anyway it would be a hugely appreciated. The Welker's in the video are quite busy so I can't get anything.

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

I'm no help, as I don't know anything about these things, but I'd very much like to see you do this!

Thanks, I found usable tyres from a supplier in the U.S. that also force me to make them 1/24. I copied a brochure side view picture of evilbay and scaled it and printed it, complete with bad resolution. They want $50 for a two page brochure. Was looking at the 1/32 diecast tractors but they are expensive after shipping and exchange. Although I did find one from a place in The U.S. for $100. A lot just to use for a pattern, guess I could sell it or just keep it. Might have no choice. The Buds in particular are pricey. Should just build a Versatile since they are made here. But I like to be different. I want to make the three different sizes of the tractor so it'll be expensive no matter what.

Edited by busnproplinerfan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Have you tried speaking to a supplier and seeing if they can help you out with some information at all?

maybe these guys? [email protected]

Also some basic dimensions available here, not sure if you already have this info

There is one for sale on Ebay in the uk here (Not sure if he would post overseas, but he may be good enough to provide pics and specs if asked) $143 Canadian plus shipping

not much info about from what I can see

oJKmoFHahpUbaUCvYRITUKB4sbgW5-yXWHeMiAEO

g-g4jYoP7yeJYdNqILclMamvy5h3VZW0M27nD4oL

Sorry I can't be more help

On 9/4/2019 at 4:30 PM, Cooper645 said:

Hi,

Have you tried speaking to a supplier and seeing if they can help you out with some information at all?

maybe these guys? [email protected]

Also some basic dimensions available here, not sure if you already have this info

There is one for sale on Ebay in the uk here (Not sure if he would post overseas, but he may be good enough to provide pics and specs if asked) $143 Canadian plus shipping

not much info about from what I can see

oJKmoFHahpUbaUCvYRITUKB4sbgW5-yXWHeMiAEO

g-g4jYoP7yeJYdNqILclMamvy5h3VZW0M27nD4oL

Sorry I can't be more help

This is a help, the first link has very useful info, thanks. I just found this picture with the specs to. The Bud on ebay is a 400 model, bit different, not bad price, shipping might be a lot. I did find a 525 model from Outback toys in Pa. USA for a decent price with a book on the tractor. I saw big equipment but haven't got ahold of them yet. Found a video of the 747 on a trailer with no wheels which will help. I saved the upper picture and printed it in scale but it's very pixelated ,but i get the basic idea. Thanks again.