EWAN'S RETURN...

Hello every one I've just seen the Ewan Macgregor is to reprise his role as the beardy Jedi. Not sure how this is going to work in though.  Force ghost, flashback, clone....?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, TheVoidDragon said:

It'll just be set during his the time Between Revenge of the Sith and A New hope, when he's hiding on Tatooine.

Series 1 Episode 1 Obi Wan arrives on Tatooine

Series 1 Episode 2 Obi Wan builds a sand castle

Series 1 Episode 3 Obi Wan builds a better sand castle...

Seriously, how long is the gap between ROTS and ANH supposed to be? He's a lot younger in ROTS so I'm guessing a good few years so time for a few adventures before he hides away on Tatooine I'd have thought? Could be good (Rogue One) or... not so good (The Last Jedi)...

I hope the force is strong with this one.

1 hour ago, Rumblestripe said:

Series 1 Episode 1 Obi Wan arrives on Tatooine

Series 1 Episode 2 Obi Wan builds a sand castle

Series 1 Episode 3 Obi Wan builds a better sand castle...

Seriously, how long is the gap between ROTS and ANH supposed to be? He's a lot younger in ROTS so I'm guessing a good few years so time for a few adventures before he hides away on Tatooine I'd have thought? Could be good (Rogue One) or... not so good (The Last Jedi)...

I hope the force is strong with this one.

About 20 years. He goes into hiding on Tatooine immediately, at the end of ROTS. He's there to watch over Luke. There's nothing to indicate he ever leaves the planet between ROTS and ANH so it'll probably just be something set on Tatooine.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

On 8/17/2019 at 12:21 AM, TheVoidDragon said:

About 20 years. He goes into hiding on Tatooine immediately, at the end of ROTS. He's there to watch over Luke. There's nothing to indicate he ever leaves the planet between ROTS and ANH so it'll probably just be something set on Tatooine.

So how come Obi-Wan aged about 40 years? . . .

54 minutes ago, MadNurseGaz said:

If the Star Wars die-hard fans hear this question out loud, there could be major trouble... 

To some folks, SW is virtually a religion (if you think I'm joking, I'm not!)

Chris. 

18 hours ago, MadNurseGaz said:

He didn't. Obi-wan wasn't 80 years old in A New Hope, he was close to 40 by the time of Revenge of the Sith, so about 60 in A New Hope. Alec Guiness was 63 when he played Obi-Wan.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2019 at 17:59, TheVoidDragon said:

It'll just be set during his the time Between Revenge of the Sith and A New hope, when he's hiding on Tatooine.

Those were my thoughts too :yes:

18 hours ago, MadNurseGaz said:

Inadequate sun screen use :tease:

Saw this being announced on Reddit t'other day.  I hope it's great, and if the teaser trailers for The Mandalorian are anything to go by, we could be in for a treat :)

There is no time given between the 2 movies as Old Ben said himself!! 😂

'Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan... Now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.'

37 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

There is no time given between the 2 movies as Old Ben said himself!! 😂

'Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan... Now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.'

Which is a line that doesn't make as much sense as it used to! He gets called Obi-Wan only 2 years before A New Hope.