RAF modified A1 roundal decals with narrow yellow ring

Mal

Hi

I am looking to build a 1/48 Defiant operated by 264 Sqn. wearing modified A1 roundels (the roundels with the narrow yellow ring) any suggestions on where I might find a source of suitable decals?

Thanks in advance,

Malcolm

Have you possibly considered painting a yellow disc slightly larger than the outer ring diameter of a normal A type roundel? There is also the possibility of using a type C1 roundel underneath the same type A decal although you probably don’t want to end up with too many thick layers. Anyway, there’s a few ways to get the result you’re after. Come to think of it, is there an Xtradecal sheet on the market that suits? 

Cheers and good luck.. Dave 

Thanks Dave,

I’d thought along the lines of a painted yellow decal disc but as you say the thickness of the paint may show through. I’ve checked the usual suspects Hannants etc. but no one seems to produce a decal of that particular roundel.Victory Models Commonwealth Spitfire aces sheet includes an example, but even then I am unsure if it would be the correct size plus buying a rather expensive sheet for just a set of roundels is rather beyond the pale!

Thanks again,

Malcolm

• Like 1