Back with a (Donetsk) Vengeance.

stevej60

Hi folk's,taking stock today of what I've committed to in the other GB's this should be a quick and simple build so I'll give it a go.Thank's to Pat

I finally get to build a Vengeance which I've wanted to do way before this GB.This looks a nice kit for its age,I've ran a blade along the panel lines

and had to sand,polish and gloss the interior of the canopy as it was poorly molded with air bubbles and it looks much better.

20190815_204730

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

.... and I'm sure someone's got a set of useable RAAF decals - just in case you're thinking that way! 

Nice to see the Vengeance making a belated appearance and well done Pat for helping to offload your stash (again) in order to see your kits being built.

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Steve don't forget to mention to @Aardvark that's it's a Donetsk Toy Factory version !

Cheers Pat

And don't forget, this too:

!!!

😁

Interesting fact.

Despite the fact that in the USSR, children's toy stores were state-owned, there was an advertisement for toys in their windows.  Usually it was some kind of dolls, children's blocks ... but in Donetsk there was one children's toy store where there were models of DFI airplanes!

it was a store with a strange name for a western person - "Cheburashka".

Cheburashka is a character from the cult cartoon puppet,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheburashka

which by the way now has many fans in Japan.

(Mi-mi-mi-mi)

503704.jpg

However, the little-known fact that the Cheburashka was also Russian modeller's/militarycalled the A-10 and An-72/74, you understand why! 😁

And in the windows of this store were not just assembled models!  They were also painted quite similar to how they are depicted on the boxes of NOVO!

But some were not just painted but also refined!  For example, the Attacker had a pilot with an ejection seat and not just a head, which gave rise to the imagination in children's minds that there are two types of Attacker!

😁😁

One Attacker with head pilot for USSR inside market, and other Attacker more best, with pilot and ejection seat, for West market!!

😁😁😁

There, for the first time, I saw Skua in the window.

Which of the local modelers made these models remained a mystery...

B.R.

Serge

• Like 5

Evening folk's a good afternoon session has moved a couple of builds on,I sprayed the interior after scratch building an instrument panel,

added harness made from masking tape and put a few decals on for a busy look.

20190818_164538

20190818_164554

The rest flew together with as little hassle as a good few modern kits I've built it  needed not a jot of filler  just  a little sanding.

nearly primer time!

20190818_175948

• Like 12

Hi Steve,

this is now official! You do build and paint models faster than your shadow!

At this rate, do not be surprised if you see people in moon suit coming to take you away to area 51!

Great model that you are building.

I always found the front a bit too angular, but it nonetheless sure looks like a Vengeance.

By the time I wake up tomorrow, this Vengeance will be in the gallery and you will be on flight to Southern Nevada!

Congrats!

JR

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, jean said:

By the time I wake up tomorrow, this Vengeance will be in the gallery and you will be on flight to Southern Nevada!

Not tomorrow Jean maybe the day after😀.Oh and something you might like is on the bench.

• Like 2

Hi Steve,

When I built mine earlier this year I was quite impressed with the level of cockpit detail given the age of the kit, particularly the ammo feeds for the rear guns.. I replaced the rather crude gun barrels with resin ones, and like you I added an IP, but the only other mod was to add exhausts from slices of plastic tube, as the kit ones are rather small. It's an odd looking bird but builds up rather well. I think the only place I used filler was where the cowling joined the fuselage.

Looking good and a lot better than some of your other problematic kits - hope it goes well. The pics I have show yellow chromate primer in the wheel bays if that is any help. Fitting the u/c was a bit fiddly as you have to trap the legs between the unusual door mouldings, which needed a bit of thinning as I recall.

Pete

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Looking good and a lot better than some of your other problematic kits

It certainly is Peter,I wondered if this was one of their last kits it does seem to be more detailed and refined than some.

• Thanks 1

Morning folk's,the under carriage is a bit complicated but fitted nicely,thankfully I had photos of an Aussie museum example up

on the laptop as you can see the instructions have the wheels facing inwards which I noticed at the last moment.

20190819_112356

• Like 6

I really do like tapping onto your threads Steve, they’re always guaranteed to show plenty of great progress. Shape wise the Frog Vengeance is a little awkward looking however there’s no dispute that it’s certainly a Vengeance and nothing else. I believe the rather thick canopy is probably this kits worst feature and the wheels tend to look a little too wide once it’s all finished. Nonetheless, we should always praise Frog for their excellent subject selection and make an effort to enhance them whenever possible. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

we should always praise Frog for their excellent subject selection and make an effort to enhance them whenever possible. 

Agree Dave there are some great subject's to be found in the range,this ones been a breeze to build.

• Like 5

Morning all,well where did that ten days go? Back to work this afternoon so back to the hour a morning routine, I found a walkaround of an

Australian museum machine to base the colours on as models seemed to show many different shades even of the same airframe so went

with a grayish sky for the undersides and a darker brown than RAF earth,Pat sent an extra decal sheet with a repeat of the original which is

much better printed I need to see if this requires white leading edges and tail.

20190820_104731

• Like 11

Morning folk's nearly there just another coat of gloss on the canopy then framework to paint,tailwheel,guns to add and she's done.

Just sprayed the matt coat and drying nicely.

20190822_104600

20190822_104546

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9