Kaman SH-2F Seasprite 1/72 Fujimi

This is my build of Fujimi's Kaman SH-2F helicoptor. These served as the ASW helicopters on ships too small to carry the SH-3 Sea King and were replaces by some variant of SH-60. This is a very old molding from Fujimi from the 70's, and may boxing looked to be that old. While it had recessed panel lines the fit and detail were only so-so and the plastic was very brittle. The left fuselage broke into 3 pieces while removing it from the sprue, with a sprue cutter. The decals were toast. I tried to use the instrument panel decal but after soaking for 15 minutes in very hot water I concluded the paper would disintegrate  be for the decal would let go. So instead I  used Microscale set 72-396. These worked pretty well except where they had to wrap around so compound curves and a less then perfect color alignment. Total build time was 11 days (who counts the hours?).

So let's take a look:

x1zjCPCq_o.jpg

DDvgpa3H_o.jpg

uVz1YaqY_o.jpg

4cUSRivH_o.jpg

x51GjxpL_o.jpg

MtklgTjQ_o.jpg

I would like to do the Italeri HSS-1 Seabat next, but I don't have decals for the HS-x ASW squadrons and no one seems to make them. @CaracalModels has an H-34 sheet "coming soon", but I don't know how soon or if it will have the marking I want. So I will probably go with the CyberHobby SH-3D Sea King.

Enjoy

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

Shouldn’t be that a Kaman Seaprite  instead of a Sikorsky

Arg!!:doh: Yes it should be and I fixed it. I guess I have Sikorsky on the mind.

Thanks

• Haha 1

Hello HSR,

My compliments on starting and finishing this old Fujimi model.

I say: You did a great job". Very good example, not to hide these old models, but build and show them on this website.

As for decals and other goodies, always check on Scalemates. The best site for "parts" - (info)

Regards, Orion

• Thanks 1