SR71 Blackbird Italeri 1/72

Hi,

Here is my Italeri Blackbird

Original panel lines are raised.

So i do at first a sanding on all the plane and the panel lines were engraved

I use Tamiya & Gunze Acrylics for painting

Wheathering was done with pastel and oil.

[spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 65

That is a fantastic build and very nicely finished.  I have just started one too so know the kit well.  I have opted for in-flight though, pinched a couple of pilots from the spares box and used putty to fashion the correct helmet.

I hope mine looks as good when it's finished.

Phil

I remember one clear cold early Saturday winters morning cycling to my friends and hearing a jet engines, which is unusual for a Saturday as nothing military is flying at a weekend in Cambridgeshire/Norfolk, looking up and watching a SR71 climbing up and heading out over towards the north sea. This was at the hieght of the cold war early 1980's

• Like 1

quite stunning - very  nice model. I am not normally drawn to anything other than civil builds but having built Hasegawa's egg SR71 recently, the Blackbird has become something of interest and a subject I am now quite interested to see built up in it's proper shape and form, so your forum entry has immediately caught my attention

well done to you, very nice work

Re-scribing all those fairly complex panel lines must have been a real chore!  I admire your technique and your determination, they resulted in a really beautiful aircraft!