1/72 - Junkers EF.128C & E/N-1 by AZmodel - released

Homebee

On 8/15/2019 at 11:15 PM, Madoc said:

My oh my but the howls of outrage already unleashed over on Facebook about this.  "It's not even a real Luft 46 subject!!!!"

They fake Luft'46 !!!! 😁😁

On 8/16/2019 at 10:20 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Happy to be a beggar, groveller or even someone who has to kiss certain body parts to get a decent Venom or Beaufort kit.

Unfortunately, you are unfamiliar with the cult novel Michal Bulgakov "The Master and Margarita",

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Master_and_Margarita

because then you would not have written this phrase!  Because as the Devil told to Margarita in this novel:

"Be afraid of your desires - they tend to come true."

👹👹👹

😁

12 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Hmmm. Landing gear, guns and engine plus two people in that tiny fuselage.

Oh don't worry!  Designers of AZ-models have foreseen everything - the co-pilot  was aquanaut

diving inside the fuselage  fuel tank! 😁😁

There was only one limitation for co-pilots - they took only those who did not smoke!😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 3

This device reminds me Venom so much that I'm starting to suspect AZ was trying to do a master for Venom but something went wrong, they gave up and that is how Junkers EF128 (is it the predecessor of Junkers-FW-Heinkel-Dornier EF2000?) was born.

• Haha 2

Release expected in September 2019 

- ref. AZ7622 -  Junkers EF.128C "Advanced trainer"

Source: http://www.azmodel.cz/produkt/junkers-ef-128c-advanced-trainer/

AZ7622-box.jpg

AZ7622-kamo.jpg

- ref. AZ7623 -  Junkers EF.128128E/N-1 w/naxos radar

Source: http://www.azmodel.cz/produkt/junkers-ef-128e-n-1-w-naxos-radar/

AZ7623-box.jpg

AZ7623-kamo.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Pff, half the world is building Star wars models… The other half build Spitfires, Both are wasting their time as in the same time they could do something worthwhile instead of 'playing' as my mum calls our wonderful,  useless,  senseless purposeless pasttime…  have fun with your hobby. That what i is all about… but now i am wasting my time   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The boxart for the night fighter is pretty funny. Is it a German city burning below? If so - hardly an EF.128 could come to life... Another funny stuff is a Mosquito in the sky. Put a B-45 with RAF markings or a Canberra there!

• Like 1

I wonder what is in mind of 12-years kids facing this model and reading description "Montpelier, 1946" or "Kiev 1946".  How many of them will feel sorry that it never happend? Who of them saw/will see "Pianist" by Roman Polanski or who will read Anna Frank's dairy? ...

Cheers

J-W

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I would rather a manufacturer like AZ Model to do a Luft 46 subject and leave the other subjects as mentioned above to other manufacturers.

Regards

Robert

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3e3

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

AZ would do better in concentrating bringing us the Cessna light aircraft once proposed  or proper existed/ing aeroplanes. 

Would they? I wonder where the bigger market is? Meantime, this aircraft existed albeit only as a design. It is as valid a subject as any non existent science fiction /fantasy subject.

Ultimately, it is up to the manufacturer to decide what is or is not a valid subject.

Sorry if You don't like it. That's fair enough. I respect that. I can also think of loads of subjects I'd like to see in model form but, we can't always get what we want.

If this kit sells well then that is the only justification AZ needs. I think Robert's comment is valid and, I support it

I guess it does not really matter what model companies produce because someone, somewhere is going to be unhappy. I sometimes think they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't!

Allan😊(still waiting for an Avro Lincoln, Avro Manchester and, too many others to mention! 😊)

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JWM said:

I wonder what is in mind of 12-years kids facing this model and reading description "Montpelier, 1946" or "Kiev 1946".  How many of them will feel sorry that it never happend? Who of them saw/will see "Pianist" by Roman Polanski or who will read Anna Frank's dairy? ...

Cheers

J-W

An interesting point but, why should they? There are numerous works of literary fiction depicting a scenario whereby the Axis powers were victorious. Len Deighton's SS-GB and, Philip K Dick's "Man in the High Castle" being two that spring to mind. Would your hypothetical 12 year olds also look at these and feel sorry it never happened? I don't think so because they aren't stupid and, they will know from real history that such portrayals are fictional.

AZ could just as easily have produced a model of a Soviet "paper project " aeroplane based at Montpelier 1946 ,Kiev 1946 or, any other European location. I wonder if that would have been subject to some of the unfavourable comments that a fictional product of Nazi Germany seems to be?

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

4 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

3e3

Would they? I wonder where the bigger market is? Meantime, this aircraft existed albeit only as a design. It is as valid a subject as any non existent science fiction /fantasy subject.

Ultimately, it is up to the manufacturer to decide what is or is not a valid subject.

Sorry if You don't like it. That's fair enough. I respect that. I can also think of loads of subjects I'd like to see in model form but, we can't always get what we want.

If this kit sells well then that is the only justification AZ needs. I think Robert's comment is valid and, I support it

I guess it does not really matter what model companies produce because someone, somewhere is going to be unhappy. I sometimes think they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't!

Allan😊(still waiting for an Avro Lincoln, Avro Manchester and, too many others to mention! 😊)

Fair Comment  🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

AZ could just as easily have produced a model of a Soviet "paper project " aeroplane based at Montpelier 1946 ,Kiev 1946 or, any other European location. I wonder if that would have been subject to some of the unfavourable comments that a fictional product of Nazi Germany seems to be?

Allan

Of course "Kiev 46" in not fictional location for a Soviet machine, but "Montpellier" would be. You can be sure - any such model would be questiond in similar way by me :) Both those  system has a huge lake of human blood on hands.

I can understand doing models of some projects or even non-existing machines in an apearance of prototype, just as a kind of a tribute to technical ideas. But in such what-ifs as here ( so without even saying that it is a false or fake history) there are to many of political, historical and other associactions immediately which I cannot accept in some way...

Regards

J-W.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2019 at 05:32, Phil Gollin said:

There is no way that that aircraft would fly  -  even today with fly-by-wire it wouldn't !

Why do people drool over such impractical  fantasies ?

Because they're interesting subjects to build.

22 hours ago, JWM said:

Cheers

J-W

While I have nothing against Luft'46 (does it REALLY makes better money to AZ than never released Cessna 172?), I really dislike Kbely'46, Kiev'46 etc. Can't even imagine for example Zvezda packing Kiev'2025 kit of Russian AF Su-57. Why is the same thing possible for Luftwaffe?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

....I don't care what many people seem to think of this junker project....but I love it!....did we loose our fantasy somewhere earlier during our live times ?..what happened to our  imaginations?...... building kits is supposed to be fun!.....everything is allowed ,from rivet counters-idiots in my eyes ,but let them do what they like to do -to spitfire addicts - the most boring plane of the whole ww2 ,in my eyes ,the hurricane is much more interesting .....libullella's ,or pterodacryls ,we don't like them either I guess ?......why so negative my dear friends,was it a bad day at work maybe? make something nice out of it . ... but if the imagination and fantasy is gone from  someone's mind so you have no idea what to do with a junkers  128 . , what makes life worth living?.....

• 3 months later...