1/72 - Junkers EF.128C & E/N-1 by AZmodel - released

Homebee

14 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Don't ask me what it is...

Well I know what it isn’t... a de Havilland Venom or Bristol Beaufort!! Why does there seem to be a market for fictitious subjects like this and not one for these two forgotten aircraft? 

Cheers.. Dave (who’s frustratingly shaking his head) 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Well I know what it isn’t... a de Havilland Venom or Bristol Beaufort!! Why does there seem to be a market for fictitious subjects like this and not one for these two forgotten aircraft? 

Exactly what I would have said (also shaking head!). No decent 1/72 injected Venom kits about. 

AZ we need a new tool 1/72 Thunderstreak please! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Nazis sell.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

My oh my but the howls of outrage already unleashed over on Facebook about this.  "It's not even a real Luft 46 subject!!!!"

Okay, sure.  Whatever.

If it's even a halfway decently engineered and manufactured model kit then I'll be to buying one.

• Thanks 1

I'll take two please! I'd rather have this sort of thing than the aforementioned Venom or Beaufort ! 

Allan

ps, I wouldn't mind a Beaufort either but beggars cannot be choosers!😀

7 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

I'll take two please! I'd rather have this sort of thing than the aforementioned Venom or Beaufort ! 

Allan

ps, I wouldn't mind a Beaufort either but beggars cannot be choosers!😀

Well at least with this one, there will be absolutely no inaccuracies, everything will be just perfect

Although I would rather a Venom single seater  

Just now, Graeme H said:

Well at least with this one, there will be absolutely no inaccuracies, everything will be just perfect

Although I would rather a Venom single seater  

Nicely put!😂.Mind you, there are some whinges about "accuracy " on AZ's Facebook page! Apparently it's a "fantasy " model and, not like the "real" thing !

My own personal view is that this model is every bit as valid a model as a TIE fighter, Star Destroyer, U S S Enterprise or, Imperial Stormtrooper. Nobody complains about them!

The "why this and, not..................(insert choice) comments are as predictable as night following day. Totally accept that but, we don't always get what we want! Personal choice of course. 

Allan

ps. I probably wouldn't refuse a Venom either but, in the absence of same I'll settle for this!😀

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

ps, I wouldn't mind a Beaufort either but beggars cannot be choosers

Happy to be a beggar, groveller or even someone who has to kiss certain body parts to get a decent Venom or Beaufort kit. Now I would have thought two kits might actually stretch your modelling budget Allan, see I was wrong again! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Happy to be a beggar, groveller or even someone who has to kiss certain body parts to get a decent Venom or Beaufort kit. Now I would have thought two kits might actually stretch your modelling budget Allan, see I was wrong again! 

Cheers.. Dave 

With the recent loss of my job, my budget  is even more stretched. I could probably manage to buy them one at a time and a couple of months apart!😀😂

Allan

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

With the recent loss of my job, my budget  is even more stretched. I could probably manage to buy them one at a time and a couple of months apart!😀😂

Allan

Sorry to hear that Allan. Happy to chip in a bit you one, cause that what modelling mates do. 

Cheers and take care.. Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Sorry to hear that Allan. Happy to chip in a bit you one, cause that what modelling mates do. 

Cheers and take care.. Dave

No worries mate! I'll survive! The upside is I get more modelling time and, I can now make inroads into the stash!! Appreciate the kind offer though! I'd stand you a pint if you were a bit nearer!!😀.

Allan

• Like 2

23 hours ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

What's wrong with the Cyberhobby kits?

Well they do the night fighter two seater I suppose, but how would I convert that to a single seater.

Yo know I can't be bothered, rather wait for AZ to produce one!

Anyway back to the thread, why waste plastic on a fantasy Nazi kit anyway? Might as well start modelling Gundam kits!

On 8/15/2019 at 2:43 PM, Procopius said:

Nazis sell.

Who asked you anyway?😜

You mean fantasy wannabe Nazi kits sell!

But do they?

What a mad and twisted world we live in! If I think about that too much I get depressed, mainly about Nazi Wannabe kits. But the chances of me buying one of them is next to zero.

I've plenty of kits in my stash I could cross bash to invent ficticious Nazi drivell.

• Like 1

Hmmm. Landing gear, guns and engine plus two people in that tiny fuselage.

Not much room for fuel in those thin wings. Perhaps it is a modified Star Wars craft?

And, who will be the first to fit booms and call it a tandem Vampire?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

Can you tell some details? Shape, dimensions, details?

On the plus side it's a nicely detailed and well fitting kit. Alas the shape and dimensions are not that of the real machine :( 

On 15/08/2019 at 11:49, Thomas V. said:

Junkers EF.128 finally, it was a true Luft 46 concept, that was viable at the end of war, but why two seater!?

There is no way that that aircraft would fly  -  even today with fly-by-wire it wouldn't !

Why do people drool over such impractical  fantasies ?

• Like 2