Airfix Mustang P51D 1/72. Hopefully now with pics

**update**. So it appears that Dropbox is no where near as use friendly as it seems, as I can see the pics fine, but you lot can't. Have now wrestled the utter gaping bungholes at Flickr into submission, so hopefully these will now work...

Latest one off the bench. Got it just before Christmas in the Aldi special offer - supposed to be the Red/silver "Lollipoop" machine, but came with decals for "Rose Marie/The Kelly Kid 2", so that's what I built!. Yahu IP, Quickboost seat with harness (way easier than trying to faff with photoetch belts! Filled the wing panel lines as per the real thing. In the plastic, you can just see the faint lines of the panels, so it comes out quite nicely. Usual (I'm told) wonky undercarriage, but I managed to get both joystick and aerial off the sprue, intact and usable.

A first attempt at big areas of metal paint. Reasonably happy, although some of the shades haven't come out as expected  and others have got lost by the camera (there's 5 different paints there). Also an experiment with pastels for weathering, which seems a bit more controlled than oil dot.

A couple of annoying canopy related flaws. - the glue leaked under the windshield and is visible in the side window - didn't spot it as the windows were all masked up; and the masking at the tail end of the hood was a bit pants, so the border is a bit indistinct.

Alclad primer and varnishes, Vallejo for the rest.

48578532431_88dc0d9953_b.jpg

48578663172_58aa3a9622_b.jpg

48578680462_7c753e318e_b.jpg

48578535566_4870081e5b_b.jpg

Enjoy!

BL...

Edited by BikingLampy
  • Like 7