A couple of figure kits/sets for local model shop display

Just finished these two kits (a set, in the case of Dr Who). They're intended for a display in my local model shop to showcase Game Color paints. Priming was done with AK Interactive's Acrylic Grey Primer (airbrushed) and the painting of the figures was hand painted using a range of paints, Inks and Washes from the Game Color range. Thinning was done using Vallejo Acrylic Thinner.

First up - The Twelfth Doctor Who and Companions - made by Warlord Games. 28mm white metal figures with bases.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Tardis base was scratchbuilt. It's a bit crude but adds a little to the overall impression. The floor pattern and individual console details are all home made decals.

And secondly, a Masterbox 24th scale World of Fantasy figure (No. 2).

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kev

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

snashing work, I've been wondering about these paints, maybe worth a  buying a bottle or too after seeing these.

Thank you, Mr Fox 🙂

My main paint of choice is Lifecolor, but I also use a fair bit of Hataka, some Tamiya and a smidgin of Scale75. The Game Color range works well for brush painting, but I found the thickness could vary quite significantly from colour to colour making it a bit trickier to thin it down for airbrushing (the Tardis base was airbrushed with Game Color's Metallic Silver, but I wasn't wild about the finish). Whichever way you wish to use it I would highly recommend using Vallejo's Acrylic Thinner with the Game Color - it saved me on several occasions. Watch out for the variations in the range, too - it has standard paint colours, Very Opaque colours, Inks and Washes (I used a selection of each of these types in this project). They all mix well together and the Inks can be easily thinned down to work as washes. Because I was mainly brush painting I didn't use any Retarder or Flow Aid, but I suspect that Vallejo's Acrylic Thinner has a small amount of retarder in it already.

HTH

Kev

• Like 1

Thanks Jim. The Masterbox figure kits are a nice build, got a few of them for support figures for AFVs and Aircraft. Don't do many metal figures, so the Warlord Dr Who figures were interesting. It'll be back to the larger resin figures and busts next...

Cheers

Kev

• Thanks 1