Hunter & Canberra underwing serial sizes

rs2man

Can anyone please confirm the height of the underwing serials on RAF Hunter & Canberra aircraft ?  I need a set of white serials for a 1/32 Hunter & I'm hoping I could use a set from a 1/48 Canberra .  I think Hunter serials are 24 inch & Canberras are 36 , but I could do with confirmation before I splash out on a decal sheet .

Thanks in advance

John Green

Nantwich , Cheshire

14 minutes ago, rs2man said:

Can anyone please confirm the height of the underwing serials on RAF Hunter & Canberra aircraft ?  I need a set of white serials for a 1/32 Hunter & I'm hoping I could use a set from a 1/48 Canberra .  I think Hunter serials are 24 inch & Canberras are 36 , but I could do with confirmation before I splash out on a decal sheet .

Thanks in advance

John Green

Nantwich , Cheshire

According to Modeldecal Set 33, Hunter u/w serials are/were 24inch and Canberra 48 inch

HTH

Dennis

5 hours ago, rs2man said:

Thanks in advance

John Green

Nantwich , Cheshire

AS Dennis say's but for the Canberra letter size and font depends on time frame too, 

John

If my maths “O”-level is still functioning, and incipient Alzheimer’s is having a night off, you’re going to need characters 3/4 of an inch high, so 36 inch characters in 1/48 scale.  (24 inches is 3/4 of 32 inches, therefore 3/4 inch characters required.  36 is 3/4 of 48 so using 1/48 characters use 36 inch sized.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stever219 said:

If my maths “O”-level is still functioning, and incipient Alzheimer’s is having a night off, you’re going to need characters 3/4 of an inch high, so 36 inch characters in 1/48 scale.  (24 inches is 3/4 of 32 inches, therefore 3/4 inch characters required.  36 is 3/4 of 48 so using 1/48 characters use 36 inch sized.)

Sadly , nobody seems to do 36 inch white serials in 1/48 . The only ones I found were the Model Alliance Canberra serials which I was hoping were 36 inch , but it seems they're more likely 48