Ordering from CultTVman's Hobbyshop

Tomjw

Hi All,

I live in the UK, but would like to order a lots of goodies from CultTVman' Hobby Shop. Does anyone have any experience of ordering from there? Are the import duties / taxes excessive?

Many thanks,

Tom.

On 8/14/2019 at 6:51 AM, Neil Lambess said:

He has excellent service . Unfortunately I live in NZ so can't comment on your vat etc .BUT  he's a great guy to do business with

On 8/14/2019 at 7:09 AM, Nocoolname said:

Seconded. Been ordering from Steve for years. Top service. 

Thanks guys. Very much appreciated.

Tom

I too have been ordering from Steve for longer than I can remember, he offers a top notch service and comes highly recommended. As regards import duties et al, some attract the attention of HRMC others don't but that is something Cult has no influence over.

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, css1138 said:

I regularly look at CultTVMan and the only thing that holds me back is the $24 shipping fee to the UK.  One day I will take the plunge though.  They have great sale items.

Whadda mean $24 shipping? The cost of post is calculated from item to item depending on what one orders from Cult and it is clearly stated before check out. From a personal point of view I have never been overcharged and in a couple of instances I have recieved a modest refund on shipping. Given Steve offers all manner of goodies one can't get here in Blighty what are the other options?

Tommo.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:17 PM, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Whadda mean $24 shipping? The cost of post is calculated from item to item depending on what one orders from Cult and it is clearly stated before check out. From a personal point of view I have never been overcharged and in a couple of instances I have recieved a modest refund on shipping. Given Steve offers all manner of goodies one can't get here in Blighty what are the other options?

Tommo.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:21 PM, css1138 said:

I regularly look at CultTVMan and the only thing that holds me back is the $24 shipping fee to the UK.  One day I will take the plunge though.  They have great sale items.

My shipping was calculated at $38. Quite steep for shipping from the US. I'm still thinking about it...

Thanks for the feedback though.

Tom.

Unfortunately when surface mail service ceased and the postal services moved to volumetric weight as a way of calculating overseas shipping it became a whole lot more expensive. That's no fault of Cult or any other overseas retailer. At least with Cult one knows the postage cost before hitting the order button, which is not always the case.

Tommo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tomjw said:

My shipping was calculated at $38. Quite steep for shipping from the US. I'm still thinking about it...

That might have been steep once, but the USPS realised they were missing out on some serious cash a few years back and ramped up the prices by a substantial amount.  That's unlikely to go down too, unlike the value of the GBP :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Unfortunately when the surface mail service ceased and the postal services moved to volumetric weight as a way of calculating overseas shipping it became a whole lot more expensive. That's no fault of Cult or any other overseas retailer. At least with Cult one know the postage cost before hitting the order button, which is not always the case.

Tommo.

I know it's no fault of CultTVman, and I am glad they've provided visibility before I committed. I think I'm going to take the plunge anyway bacause I really want the kit and you can't get it here any more.

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

That might have been steep once, but the USPS realised they were missing out on some serious cash a few years back and ramped up the prices by a substantial amount.  That's unlikely to go down too, unlike the value of the GBP :(

I see. I guess my only option is do I or don't I? And I'm hovering around 'yeah, what the hell...'

Can the value of the Pound go down any more? I guess we'll see towards the end of the year.

Thanks guys for all the comments.

Tom

49 minutes ago, Tomjw said:

I see. I guess my only option is do I or don't I? And I'm hovering around 'yeah, what the hell...'

You're only young/alive* once! :lol:

* Delete any not applicable.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2019 at 3:21 PM, Mike said:

You're only young/alive* once! :lol:

* Delete any not applicable.

You are so right. I did order the items and accidentally ordered a little more. I seem to be getting hooked on sci-fi modelling. I'll be posting on herr in due course...

• Like 1