Eduard Mig-29??

Muzz

Eduard posted a video of Czech Mig-29's earlier today on their Facebook site, no explanation was given for it but people asking if this will be there next kit in 1/72 or 1/48. I dont think anything has previously been mentioned.

• Like 1

Although GWH MiG-29 family is superlative rendition of the airplane, and if Eduard boxes something it will probably be some limited edition comprising before mentioned,

totally new tooling taking current level of surface detailing on Eduard kits-would be ecstatic!

• Like 2

The 72nd scale offering from Trumpeter is pretty good and recent . Not sure if Eduard can significantly improve upon it . I recall that after the Mig-21 family is finished , their next 72nd scale kit is the Typhoon/tempest . 

• Like 2

IIRC Eduard had a 1/48 MiG-29 as a limited kit based on the Academy kit few years ago. I would guess (if the video indeed signals a future project) that it would be another limited edition containing someone else's parts with some added details and new decals. Given Eduard's recent repackaging of Trumpy kits, maybe we can look forward to a 1/72 version with Czechoslovak and other decals...

Jan

I hope in G.W.H. in 1/48 and nice book and decal for Czechoslovak & Czech & Slovak AF - many nice (anti)camouflage options, for Czechoslovak, Czech & Slovat Tiger Meet airplanes... Eduard make a nice "patriotic collection" in both scale (Hind, MiG-21MF, MiG-15, MiG-23) - and "Fulcrum" was last from MiG´s when haven´t their patriotic L.E.. So, i hope in Patriotic L.E. in 1/48.

New tool Mig-29 made by Eduard is pure fantasy i guess 🙂 ... they have different planes in their pipeline (e.g. do not forget that they have CAD for Mig-15 - Mr.Sulc told that Mig-15 1/48 is in their long term pipeline - it means that project has not been started yet and nobody works on it now).

Theoretically they could consider a new rebox with book, focused to Czechoslovak, Czech and Slovak Fulcrum service like they did it for Mig-21MF, Mig-21PF/PFM, Mig-23MF/ML, Mi-24D/V, Mig-23BN (in prep. for October) ... it would fit into their CZ/SK related Limited edition product line.

In that case, the question is which tooling would be used (and scale) - till now they do not have any project with GWH ("just" Academy, Trumpeter, Zvezda, Hasegawa, Revell, Sword, former KP/OEZ/Smer?, .....)...e.g. 1/72 Dualcombo with Trumpy A & UB would be nice 🙂

Note: related to 1/72 Mig-29A (9.12) made by trumpeter - it is really nice, decent kit but still with shape issues. Most visible is around the cockpit...hope Zvezda will do 9.12 in the future 🙂 ... and 9.51 would be great as well (Mig-29UB).

Edited by Petr

23 minutes ago, Petr said:

New tool Mig-29 made by Eduard is pure fantasy i guess 🙂 ... they have different planes in their pipeline (e.g. do not forget that they have CAD for Mig-15 - Mr.Sulc told that Mig-15 1/48 is in their long term pipeline - it means that project has not been started yet and nobody works on it now).

Theoretically they could consider a new rebox with book, focused to Czechoslovak, Czech and Slovak Fulcrum service like they did it for Mig-21MF, Mig-21PF/PFM, Mig-23MF/ML, Mi-24D/V, Mig-23BN (in prep. for October) ... it would fit into their CZ/SK related Limited edition product line.

In that case, the question is which tooling would be used (and scale) - till now they do not have any project with GWH ("just" Academy, Trumpeter, Zvezda, Hasegawa, Revell, Sword, former KP/OEZ/Smer?, .....)...e.g. 1/72 Dualcombo with Trumpy A & UB would be nice 🙂

Note: related to 1/72 Mig-29A (9.12) made by trumpeter - it is really nice, decent kit but still with shape issues. Most visible is around the cockpit...hope Zvezda will do 9.12 in the future 🙂 ... and 9.51 would be great as well (Mig-29UB).

how hard is to eradicate Trumpeter spine and power bomb it onto Zvezda 9-13?

Luigi

Almost everything is possible...just matter of time and effort and skills, nevertheless personally I'd not undergo such adventure (cross kiting Zvezda and Trumy Fulcrums).  At least because of Zvezda's shallow panel lines and cost of two kits. Considering necessary surgery and filling around followed with necessary rescribing of Zvezda's soft plastic...for me it would be nightmare, I'm sure. I'd rather invest to aftermarket exhaust for example.

6 hours ago, Petr said:

Almost everything is possible...just matter of time and effort and skills, nevertheless personally I'd not undergo such adventure (cross kiting Zvezda and Trumy Fulcrums).  At least because of Zvezda's shallow panel lines and cost of two kits. Considering necessary surgery and filling around followed with necessary rescribing of Zvezda's soft plastic...for me it would be nightmare, I'm sure. I'd rather invest to aftermarket exhaust for example.

I know, but outside that there are no options, wish the Lone Star guy would just do the crosskit surgery he did for Hase/Monogram F-16 and release the upper fuselage for a 9-12 and 9-51 in resin and let us do the few fixes needed

Luigi

11 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

not doubt will be a reissue with of one of the 1/48 kits, such a shame eduard refuse to do the specials issues in the smaller scale for anything but there own kits 

They've done 1/72 reboxings as well, but they do a lot less in general than they do in 1/48.

They did a couple of Liberator boxings with Hasegawa plastic, Riders in the Sky 1945 is currently available.