MMP ever do re-prints?

Bronzemeister

Has MMP ever re-printed an out of print book?  The prices for the French Flying Boats on Amazon, eBay, Abe Books, etc. are just thru the roof now!  French Wings # 4 on the LeO 451 is quickly playing catch-up.

Come-on guys, even Monogram Aviation Publications did SOME re-prints!  Don't let the "investor" types suck all the joy out of the hobby (or the bucks out of my wallet!)

They do reprint some, usually slightly enlarged and/or corrected. Like most of the ones on US WW2 fighters.....P-39,P-38,P-51 etc. They've also done an expanded one on the Gloster Gauntlet recently.

The French flying boats one is just derivative from better and more detailed French books (Docavia, etc, which are are also OOP). It's not a good modelling ref, IMO.  I know the proprietor (Robert P.) and their business model is to produce lots of titles in small quantities. Some don't sell too well so it's lower risk to produce small quantities and then reprint the ones which turnout to be popular.

The first 3 volumes of Les Ailes Francaises, which deal with French flying boats, are still available from the publisher:

http://artipresse.com/?cat=50&lang=fr

The three together would run about £50 posted. You'd end up with 250 pages covering around 50 types, ranging from 2 pages to 6-8 pages depending on the type...

Of course, the text is in French...

best,

M.

• Like 1

Ok, I think I've subscribed.  We'll see what e-mails the morning brings....

My wallet says "Murky buckets".  But my eyes say "so what about the text, the pictures are in English!"

At least back issues of L'Fana de Aviation are cheap on eBay.  But why does eBay auto translate keep listing them as "Crash"?  Really annoying for a magazine dealing with airplanes.....

• Haha 1