* Aprons & Pans - Egg Banjo anyone? * DIORAMA INFO NEEDED

JockMcPlock

Here are a couple of dispersals build. The full size circular dispersal is 150ft but I also had the chance to measure the alternative dispersal which was introduced as being more cost effective and easier to get aircraft on to . . .

53471-2735-Barkston.jpg

I built a single pan dispersal . . . .  takes up a lot of space

JA-D-002.jpg

I have also built the other type which can hold at least two aircraft . . . 

Waltham-Grimsby-Lancs-020-001.jpg

I use the latter type for photographing my models . . .

Tamiya-Lancaster-223.jpg

RAF-Transport-231.jpg

Hope it gives you some ideas

Ps: I also built a T2 hangar and 75% through building the technical site near to where I live, a BIG diorama  🙂

• 7 months later...

An egg banjo, a runny fried egg between two pieces of buttered bread. Normally held in the left hand, (the right is for reaching for your mug of tea),  You bite into the military delicacy and the yolk sprays out over your front.  Your left hand moves out to the side and your right hand, accompanied by suitable invective, starts to brush up and down to remove the viscous yellow yolk from your uniform. Just as if you're playing a banjo.

RAF crewroom standard humour.

John

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my quick and easy method for bases.

Using charity shop picture frames as the base, I glue Greystock card onto that. Lines ruled with fine pen or pencil get a grid. Aerosol paints are then misted lightly over that. Greys, whites. tans and a bit of black give variety to the tone of the surface. There's no fixed formula, stop when you like the result.  A PVA base for a bit of garden dirt plus a sprinkling of railway scenic grass does the job of providing an edge. 

This one cost a pound or two, and was done in no time. I usually do a load at the same time and bank them for when needed.

IMG-1852.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG-2143.jpg

IMG-1872.jpg

P631-11.jpg

This lot were all done at the same time. The scenic materials were taken from my garden, plain dirt and sand over diluted PVA. Sprinkling different railway scatter over that gives all kinds of different effects.

The yellow lines on the 'concrete' ones is a strip of Tamiya masking tape. Different widths work for different scales.

20200928-104225.jpg

Tony.

• Like 5