Ordering Spare Airfix Parts

spruecutter96

Hello. 

I have never tried to order spares from Airfix and I'm wondering how easy it is.

I recently bought a largely-built 1/24 Mossie, but it's missing the upper engine cowlings, upper gun-bay cover and the nose-cone. What kind of money do you think these parts would be (if they're even available)? How long do the parts take to get to you? I'm in the UK.

Any help will be very gratefully received. 

Chris. 

Chris 

They're usually pretty good if you e-mail them. It'll take a few days to get a reply, and it does depend if they've got the items in stock, mind. They'll e-mail you with a price if they do have the parts, and you can pay over the phone with a credit card.

I recently ordered a complete sprue L from the RAF Fortress III, and it was £7.00 inc P+P, which I thought was pretty reasonable. They did send it out the same day as I paid over the phone, but that one never arrived. Once I chased it up, they sent another out straight away.

Simon

Hi Chris and Simon,

I hope you don't mind me asking a similar question here please.  This thread has reminded me that I need to get a replacement part for a Revell Germany kit, but I don't know how to go about it.  The kit was second-hand and bought 'as-is' but there was a piece missing. 

Do you, or anyone reading this, know how to go about getting parts from Revell GE please?

Cheers,

Mike

2 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

I have never tried to order spares from Airfix and I'm wondering how easy it is.

Ring them on 01843 233512.

Or if you are shy about phoning all you need to do is fill in the form here:

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/contact

and select "spare parts". Tell them exactly kit name & number and what parts you want to buy, and  they will let you have a price (assuming the parts are available). 

If you can give the actual part numbers from the instruction sheet that would be helpful.

To be honest as they do not currently have the 1/24 Mosquito in stock they may or may not be able to help but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Edited by Work In Progress

Mike,

I had a broken main landing gear strut on my 1/72 Fw-200C, and I emailed their customer service address with the kit number, part number, part description, and the number/letter of the sprue on which it was located, and I got a new one very quickly- and I'm on the wrong side of the pond! You might go to their website, as I recall there was drop-down menu that let you input all of that information. I'm betting they keep bins with kits that have bad parts, were short-shot, or had parts removed previously  for customer issues, so unless the kit is sold out, OOP, or the molds are not currently being used, it might take a while.

Mike

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

I have phoned the number mentioned above and was told by a very helpful fella that the spare parts department now only repsond to e-mailed or snail-mailed requests. I have just sent them a "do you have any Mossie NFII/FBVI spare parts?" request and I'll let you all know the outcome.

Cheers. 

Chris.  

• Like 1

HI

Airfix have a pretty good customer support service.

Several of each kit are held by Spares Dept and spares are available until they run out. Therefore the older the kit (and the more fragile the part) the less likely to be stock.

Certainly helps if you can give part numbers which they will probably ask you for anyway.

Haven't quite worked out their pricing, seems to be about 50p a part.

Cheers