Blitzbuild 2019 Part 2 Chat

Just a quick reminder of the second 2019 Blitzbuild GB.  This one will run from Saturday 24 August to midnight on Monday 26 August..  It fits nicely around the bank holiday. 

Although the GB runs for three days, you don't actually get three days to finish your model.  You get 24 hours!   :yikes: 

This can be done in two ways:

1.  The Superhero Option   Complete your model in a single 24 hour time slot

2.  The Other Option      Complete your model in two 12 hour slots, seperated by no more than 12 hours.  Still pretty heroic, if you ask me.    You can start on the Saturday and finish on the Sunday or start on the Sunday and finish on the Monday. 

Start a WIP thread with a start photo showing the time, ( a mobile phone/tablet screen/computer screen will suffice), then as many progress pics as you want (but at least six) and finally a finish photo again showing the time.

Bonus kudos points will be given for uniqueness of the clock, the on-plate presentation of the meals to be consumed and other things like great music videos etc. All the while remembering this is a family friendly forum ...

25% Rule: This is a short GB intended to showcase speed building skills with an unstarted kit. Therefore, the 25% rule is suspended for this GB. All kits must be unstarted, although removal of main components from the runners is acceptable.

All the othe usual GB rules apply, the most important being to have fun.  It's The Law! 

So...   what will you build?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

This one will run from Saturday 24 August to midnight on Monday 26 May.  It fits nicely around the bank holiday. 

Although the GB runs for three days, you don't actually get three days to finish your model.  You get 24 hours!   :yikes: 

Errm, 24 August to 26 May is a long 24 hours Enzo..... :)

Keith

• Haha 2

I really enjoyed the last blitz build - so please count me in - now as to what to build - I have no idea - I'll have a rummage in the stash tonight...

• Like 1

I'll join, have to figure out what stash contents can be finished in a weekend, maybe a Bandai Elefant if I don't add zimmerit?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rob G said:

Well, it would be on on that weekend, wouldn't it. I won't be participating, as I won't be at home. I'll be 'darn sarf' at a model show.

Fie on you, fiends.

Remember, the BBGB2 lasts for three days, so you could do the superhero option on the Monday!  :smartass:

• Haha 1

Hi All,

The postie arrived this morning with a Stug, but no Piper Cub - so that's one choice I don't have to make.

S9LTufhUTt3IYrDrgzxSkbpxeBUG_ILrowCcH9nT

TXVHwhiRg2R5UKGtYB_kNYssRB3M3qj6PMDZ6-8W

GMhCeBwCr26iNNuO2Ogcr_66yqScBAbrPqgKppRO

ohquwzqMXqXVVmBoT8XYQtMhrJ7jMHSKvtvnTu4F

The plan is do this as a cross-over build with the D-Day GB, so I'll be finishing this as a vehicle of the 17th Panzer Grenadier Division in Normandy '44.:-

75s0_Mt6pbHVo-rlfOLpWC1sjDGU6so5PPUji2lT

...and then do vignette kind of thing for the D-Day GB.

Dave.

• Like 4

On 8/14/2019 at 4:30 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

Remember, the BBGB2 lasts for three days, so you could do the superhero option on the Monday!  :smartass:

I could, but I'll still be away. Ah well. Next year, maybe.

• Sad 1

Apologies I'm going to have to pull out of this one.

I had planned to build the PM Ta-183, but I am instead flying down with two of the kids to surprise my mum on her Birthday 🎂

Good luck to you all

cheers Pat

• Like 3

Inspired by THIS BUILD and then THIS ONE I'll be in. Bet you can't guess the subject ;)

@JOCKNEY The Hurricane will not be affected by this build at all, there will be several periods of idleness as things dry, likely mostly filler judging by previous efforts.

As I'm still not friends with Messers. Humbrol alternative arrangements have been made.

• Like 3

Call me crazy, but I'm going to enter despite having just moved halfway around the world without bringing my modelling supplies!  I'll be taking the super hero option with an Airfix starter set of the Hurricane and just some sandpaper and a knife added.

Should be fun!

• Like 5

Well I enjoyed this Blitz Build and I hope everybody else did too. Thanks to Enzo for hosting and all those who stepped up. Commiserations to those who came so close but were thwarted by a cruel world. Hopefully we'll see them completed very soon.

4 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Well I enjoyed this Blitz Build and I hope everybody else did too. Thanks to Enzo for hosting and all those who stepped up. Commiserations to those who came so close but were thwarted by a cruel world. Hopefully we'll see them completed very soon.

It's not over until the fat lady sings - saying that Madame X is running a bath as we speak and loves the sound of her own voice :lol:

She WOULD ACTUALLY kill me if she ever read that :doh::lol:

• Haha 2