P-47 The Flying Abortion

AMStreet

I am currently making an Academy 1/72 P-47 razorback. 

I intend to finish it as 42-27773 The Flying Abortion 1st Air Commando Group.  Now I have been able to lay my hands on a port side photo of the a/c and I did have another showing more of the starboard side but I can't remember where it was or where I put it.

If anyone knows of any other references to this a/c I would be most grateful as working from just one photo is often a route to disaster.  In this case the internet has not been able to come up with the goods.  I even overcame my antipathy and queried Google that's how desperate I am.

Thanks

There's a photo in the back of the Osprey Aircam of the P-47.

2mer3lx.jpg

It's hard to tell if the replacement wing has retained its neutral Grey doors.Or if the replacement tail has the Insignia/Roundel Blue stripes on the tail planes.

Edited by Gwart

Thanks for the replies.  

The photo I have is the one in the Aircam book and as you say it's not that forthcoming on the details of the tailplane.  The Franklin Mint model is not correct. Iit shows a dark band on the port wing and as can be seen in the photo above that's not right and some of the other colours are suspect as well.  I'll keep looking in my collection and hope that I can find the photo of the other side.