1:72 Novo Attacker

OK

Step away from the model

It will take a few days to get there so start something else

P1010031-1.jpg

The Falcon canopy in the middle of these three is an Attacker one, now yours

The transfers you will no doubt recognise "now lissten very carefully I shall say this only a hundred times"

You do the accents I cannot on a screen

Novo transfers are cheaply printed and have been in the box for probably thirty years

The carrier film which was a layer of clear varnish upon which the printing is done is notoriously weak and the outer layer of protective varnish is equally thin and weak

This is as a result of Russian Cold War factories trying to climb aboard a learning curve by selling on old Frog kits made in Russian factories

They have now learnt how to make transfers/decals work

You have to learn how to make Novo decals work as a result

Lay the sheet printed side up on a board

Take a can of Tamiya TS-80 Matt varnish and lightly mist a few layers of varnish over the printed area

Do this with a decent pause between each coat and you will soon have a decent film of secure varnish over the markings, I use three or four layers for myself

Cut round each image with a sharp modelling knife and use as you would expect to

How do I know this stuff?

I used to print waterslide transfers in my first job after leaving school, you never forget

I HOPE

Edited by perdu
clarifying
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Courageous said:

You're a bl**dy good bloke you are Mr P.

Stuart

We are family aren't we?

I am only ordinary and this is payback for all the advice, parts and complete models others have dealt me in my time here

He is welcome to them

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@perdu, thank you so much for the canopy and decals!! You are indeed very kind sir.

Huge apologies I haven't responded sooner, I was in the deepest New Forest all week without any wifi signal in our room on the top floor of the hotel! Back home this evening to find your generous Attacker extras - hopefully I can return the favour someday. 

I'll be cracking on with the kit later in the week, so if I can I'll give that a go with the decals. 

• Like 2

On 25/08/2019 at 09:51, perdu said:

I hope the canopy survived the journey unscathed, if not I own one more you can have

It certainly did, looks great after applying with a bit of Clearfix! Thank you!

spacer.png

• Like 4