Me262 RLM 81/82 time frame?

Phas3e

Hi all,

Just cracked into the Cyber Hobby boxing of Trimasters Me262A-1/U4 and was pondering about the possible colours used on it.

According to the production log it spend time as a Standard A-1a before becoming V083 and it looks like it was  built around Oct 44 as it was flying in early November.

The production batch seems to be a bit of a mish mash of types, some being 2 seaters, some ending up as test beds and I cant see a pattern to their paint schemes.

Sooo.. I wonder what the chances are of it actually being RLM 74/75 on the upper side and had its nose repainted (or maybe the whole thing) later on.

So does anyone know when RLM 81/82 started coming through the lines at the Me262 assembly points?

A surviving RLM document states that the new colors were to be implemented by July 1944.  It did allow for existing stocks of RLM 70 and 71 to be substituted for the late war colors in the following combinations, 70/82 and 71/81.  In August 1944 the RLM sent out an additional directive forbidding the use of anything other than approved RLM colors and camouflage schemes.  

• Thanks 1