A Messerschmitt for "Pip's".

Hello everybody... Some of you know I've gone a bit Daffy lately, and started a long term project. Im building all of the major variants of one my favorite pilots Josef "Pip's" Priller.

I have started with his first mount with JG-26 the Bf109-E7, white "8". It represents a time frame sometime in the late spring of 1941. For this build i used the newer Airfix 109E4 kit in 1/72. I modified it by giving it a full spinner, and used a spare drop tank mount & Eduard tank from a BF-110D kit. The antenna snapped when removing it from the sprue do that is just a piece of plastic strip cut to length. 

INMcGEK.jpg

mMu6YtG.jpg

u3CTHpU.jpg

tvjkVYJ.jpg

uqWG1zP.jpg

yz6T6CH.jpg

Aq9CO8R.jpg

CzDKdQv.jpg

LIR3kBs.jpg

ejZf5ih.jpg

VynKJOG.jpg

LBlbnaW.jpg

km1YsLA.jpg

luls2Zk.jpg

Questions, comments, or thoughts are welcome ? My next Priller build will be his Fw.190A3, so if you're curious please check in on the link from time to time. 

Dennis

• Like 34

Nice work "Uncle"🙂

A rather complicated camouflage pattern you got there. Is this one of the camouflage experiments JG26 conducted in 1940-1941? Adolf Galland talks about them in his book. Pilots of JG26 engaged each other into dog fights and also AAA targeted them because the camouflage made them think that the plane was a Hurricane. 

Kind Regards,

Antti

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Antti_K said:

rather complicated camouflage pattern you got there. Is this one of the camouflage experiments JG26 conducted in 1940-1941? Adolf Galland talks about them in his book.

Thank you all for the compliments. It very well could be, the 3 photo's i have of the airframe it is in shadow under a camouflage net in a Revetment. I can tell there is some vertical pattern on the side but its not clear. I took that image and the camouflage from his E3 to get what i have. I know the units during the B.o.B., and after words experimented with various shades of grey/blue. So that is what i did i used a self-mix of various shades to come up with the blue-grey on top of the aircrafts 71/02.  

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, opus999 said:

Nice looking build! That is a great paint scheme, and one I'm not familiar with.

Yes it is different and definitely required some guesswork to get to. I only had 2 profiles and 3 photo's of the E7. All 3 of which are in shadow so Its probably not 100% accurate but I'm happy with it. If in the future i come up with a more clear photo, i will probably replace this one.