My Sci-Fi Madness

Hello Blokes

As if I aint got enough stuff at various stages on my benches both inside the house and out in the shed, in cupboards , drawers etc I thought I needed a big project to work away on in between other fits of stupidity that would use a lot of 1/24 stuff and stuff that would be made to fit in to a big sci - fi diorama so I present the beginnings of

Le Sci-Fi Diorama Magnifica ! In 1/24 scale !!! Planning inclusions and basic layout today in the shed 

Thanks to Ian the ''Urban Spaceman'' and Richard the ''Elmore Alien'' for the brainstorming session a week ago …..……...could not have got the idea progressed without you maniacs….and before anyone asks we were ALL sober, maybe that’s what caused it !

Basically its a desert Highway gas station with a huge Pod racer type pulled up at the pumps and the pilot saying fill her up, a spit fuselage will be the control cockpit mounted to the side, complete with bang seat and external thrusters , inside the cafe/bar will be the ‘edge of universe’ figures, at side of building will be a Bladerunner Car with a policeman leaning on it and In parking bay a vehicle like Rey uses in Star Wars out back a field with crop circles, De Lorean parked with a ’special space girl exiting it, some ufo’s hovering above and  I will be using LED’s and a host of other stuff throughout and envisage mounting it on one of the impossibly long pieces of plasticard sheet John gave me ( made me take more like but he knew I needed it !!!) 

Anyone with any spare bits ya think may fit in or idea’s are welcome to give input, as the reason I am broadcasting this is that I know what a great range of creative geniuses we have in the group yes I’m being polite !

Anyway all input or sympathy welcome

Cheers

Norm

IMG_2345_1.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Norman said:

Anyway all input or sympathy welcome

Mate, it sounds fabulous and should keep you busy for a couple of years at least.

Maybe a couple of Star Wars Jawa's somewhere in the garage?

See what happens when I make an early exit from the shed to attend to domestic matters..........insanity prevails !

Wonder if I'll live long enough to see it to fruition - unlikely, knowing your build speed, Norm. Have you asked the Martians permission to involve his relatives ?

Rog