Bf-109G-10 Eric Hartmann

Plumbum

I've seen a few done and have a question on Hartmann's last plane a G-10. I have seen it depicted as an Erla built

G-10 with small wing covers for the wheels and large covers. I also have seen it depicted with a short tail wheel and

then again with the tall tail wheel. Anyone know which is correct? I know there were various G-10s with some

differences which is what the Luftwaffe was trying to avoid, supposedly why they created the K-4 to standardize

a basic type. Any information most appreciated.---John

First,  you need to ask one of the mods to move this to the WW2 section....

as for the G-10

http://falkeeins.blogspot.com/2011/09/erich-hartmanns-last-bf-109-g-10.html

which shows it's an Erla built plane.   small wing bulges and a tall tail wheel were pretty standard on Erla built planes IIRC, but others will know more

@FalkeEins is a member here as well. 

HTH

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Edger said:

Did Hartman fly a K variant on ops?

I have not been able to find anything that says he did, casting about forums it would seem that the general consensus is that his final steed was a G-10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MiG-Mech said:

Heller was release a Hartmann K-4.
How they know ?

They don't know. Other companies also have Hartmann K-4 kits or decals, but they are basically using the principle "you can't prove it didn't happen" to make something they think is cool and will sell well.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2019 at 09:51, NPL said:

After all, his career in the Luftwaffe ended with his opposition to the way the Germans handled the Starfighter. 

and, just as it's always worth putting up.... a Hawkwind spin off concept album about the German use of the Starfighter, with guest of Viv Stanshall and Arthur Brown....

the whole used to be up as the entire LP,  but in the context here....

whole thing is great....  I know off topic but may amuse...