Bf-109K-4 White 12 9/JG3

I started the Revell 1/48 Bf-109K-4 kit. I cut the loop antenna support off, cut the short tail wheel and added

the taller tail wheel and filled the radio hatch and rescribed a new one. I also filled the circular hatch for the compass

as the K-4 didn't have this hatch.---John

ttWMKrv.jpg

zQXClHJ.jpg

Iti6XcE.jpg

B0JUkYR.jpg

NZY9HY1.jpg

• Like 2

I am going to use all the wheel well doors on this one and go whole hog. The main complaint I have is

I wished I had fixed the instrument panel as the one with the kit is a G-10 and questionable at that. The

side wall details are also bogus for a K-4. This is the last Revell K-4 I have so if I do another it will be the

more accurately detailed Hasegawa 1/48 K-4 kit.---John

45 minutes ago, Johnv said:

the taller tail wheel and filled the radio hatch and rescribed a new one. I also filled the circular hatch for the compass

as the K-4 didn't have this hatch.

the K-4 also switched the positions of the DF loop and fuel filler, and had tailwheel doors, though these were often wired shut IIRC, so just scribe in the lines.

Messerschmitt-Bf-109K4-11.JG3-Yellow-1-M

here's a G-10 for comparison

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G10R3-2.JG300-Red-5-

the old Monogram book on the K-4 is here, with more on yellow 1,  Wnr 334176 above,  as the serail on the rudder was cut out and survived, 

https://boxartden.com/reference/gallery/index.php/Modeling-References/Monogram-Close-up/16-Bf109K-Messerschmitt

Here's a K in colour

Messerschmitt-Bf-109K4R3-9.JG3-White-8-W

Always worth asking or searching  for a photo of the plane you wish to model to pin down the details.

HTH

T

• Like 1