Safe return. Typhoon 1B September 1944.

bobsyouruncle

This is not a new painting, but one with which I've had a second acquaintance with and has had a small update.

I originally did this small one (16" x 20") in some spare time back in 2005 for my Dads 75th birthday. Back then it was in the markings of PD521 of Wg Cdr Johnny Baldwin and it's been hung on his wall since.

Moving along 14 years and this year back in February my Dad passed away. 

I wasn't sure what to do with this painting as I'd done it just for him, but figured I knew a little more about Typhoons now than I did back then and wasn't too sure about all the markings (I hadn't got a clear photographic confirmation), so I thought I'd

do a small update.

So this is how she looks now (and I've put a 2019 in brackets to show the alterations year).

She's now representing Typhoon 1B MP189 of Wg Cdr Christopher 'Kit' North-Lewis, who was OC 124 Wing in September 1944.

I'd like to think that having had one life, this small painting will still do some good and so I'm hoping she'll perhaps raise just a small amount that'll go to help the RB396 Typhoon restoration project ('every little helps', as a well known supermarket says).

Cheers Bob.

spacer.png

• Like 11