Hello everyone... I present to you my Revell P-47D in 1/72 scale. I used a set of aztec decals SRK9EB3.jpg

Juicy Jug's. These are for post war Mexican Air Force Thunderbolts. I used two of the national markings and tail flashes to make a World War II version. I like the decals and kit so much that i will be building a few more of the Latin American options on the sheet. The 201st was assigned to the USAAF 58th F.G. In the Philippines. 

BtXPHeX.jpg

Ub7DhoM.jpg

p271rgg.jpg

czQ5RjF.jpg

CBjoQ09.jpg

ZBSbw1f.jpg

pt0YuvK.jpg

GuQfRqE.jpg

QBwvlyu.jpg

KnmPIuk.jpg

H8J48em.jpg

T85fx8C.jpg

KiXuvZk.jpg

mMzeTgJ.jpg

JrYlQJj.jpg

My hope is that it passes muster, a link to the build log in case you are curious ? 

Please feel free to ask questions, comment, ot give me your thoughts. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 28

Hi Dennis,

well, I love your Jug! You haven't chosen the easiest paint scheme, considering you had to hand paint the wiggly red cheatline at the front.

You really ended up with a beautiful model.

If I have to mention a tiny bother, I find the tyres a bit too shiny for good old rubber!!! Having said that, it could just be the light in the pictures.

Call me painful. For the rest, congrats!!!!

JR

• Thanks 1

Very nice indeed Dennis, great work and an unusual scheme.  When I first saw the image of the top of the model I initially thought you'd done one half as a US machine and the other side a Mexican machine!!!

Great work

All the best

Chris

• Thanks 1

That's a great kit, isn't it :)

and those Jugs look great in those Latin marks :). Try a Chilean or Ecuadorean from that set, Dennis. My favourite is the Venezuelan :).

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Jugs look great in those Latin marks :). Try a Chilean or Ecuadorean from that set, Dennis. My favourite is the Venezuelan :).

Thanks everyone for all the likes & compliments. Yes they do, actually i can see 3-4 more on that sheet that i will be doing, many thanks for the sheet. 

Dennis

I'm often surprised at the non-US schemes that crop up for P-47's and very colourful this is too.

The decals didn't make it easy for you, where the red border on the white cowl is concerned.

Well done.

👍

• Thanks 1