Dastardly, Mutley & The Mean Machine

I wasn't sure where to post this as it doesn't really fit any of the categories! Resin kit with homemade decals and I replaced the kit vacform canopy as it wasn't very clear, scratchbuilt detonator, detour sign and paint pot.
resized_30fc1efa-e840-4b0b-b324-dea89714

resized_bf7b665b-26b2-4d6c-bb1c-9354cb59

resized_9fcf2b13-48c9-48a3-832f-32430143
resized_d9ce5bce-f6fe-4483-804e-956e742b
resized_dc69a143-7a68-40c3-abc4-128c4832

Steve

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

Wonderful Steve

one of the most amusing things I have seen here for a while!

A question, how big is this?

and, a suggestion, 

a black wash or fine lining on the obvious creases may really set Dastardly off.  I say this as could maybe still be done?

resized_dc69a143-7a68-40c3-abc4-128c4832

kisspng-dick-dastardly-muttley-cartoon-h

cheers

T

Love it!

If I ever had a seriously big (10's millions) euro lottery win my stated aim is to spend half my week and half the money on setting up a charitable organisation and the rest of the week building a collection of life sized, road legal replicas of all the cars from Wacky Races. 

This might be a more attainable alternative! Where did you get the kit from?

• Haha 1

Thanks for the comments.

12 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Wonderful Steve

one of the most amusing things I have seen here for a while!

A question, how big is this?

and, a suggestion, 

a black wash or fine lining on the obvious creases may really set Dastardly off.  I say this as could maybe still be done?

cheers

T

The Mean Machine is about 250mm long, DD is about 90mm and Mutley about 60mm. I had to spend hours doing lots of serious research for this project! I used the flash for that photo so it's a bit washed out but I decided not to emphasise the creases as I didn't want to go too far away from the cartoon style, but also because I don't do figures and don't have the confidence to do a good job of it. I will have another go at DD's eyes though. 

12 hours ago, Pigpen said:

Love it!

If I ever had a seriously big (10's millions) euro lottery win my stated aim is to spend half my week and half the money on setting up a charitable organisation and the rest of the week building a collection of life sized, road legal replicas of all the cars from Wacky Races. 

This might be a more attainable alternative! Where did you get the kit from?

That would look stunning! There have been a few soapbox versions on the Red Bull races but full size, road legal versions really do appeal to me as well.

I got the kit from Comet Miniatures about 25 years ago so you might struggle to find one.

Steve

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RACETRACK said:

don't just stand there, so something!!

love it! Happy memories!

Now that is from something else I'd like models of - Dastardly and Mutley in their Flying Machines.......  Do you remember The Perils of Penelope Pitstop as well?

yep, the Ant hill mob were also in Wacky races number 7  " the bulletproof bomb!" I'm sure the villain of the piece was "i'll get you Penelope Pitstop" The hooded Claw?.. But a whole set of 1/48 th scale Wacky racers would be very appealing, hmm I find myself hankering for a Dinky Pink Panther car...... sorry,I'm off down the childhood nostaligia google whirlpool......

Edited by RACETRACK
additions