A&AEE Argosy

Thanks, it was a lot easier to build than I expected as every MACH2 kit is supposed to be 'unbuildable'. It's a scheme I've wanted to do for years.

Steve

Magic ! Well done . Loved the whistling wotsits at Brize with 115 Sqn around 1976 .

Stunning !! I've got a crun-n-custard one to build, but wish I'd gone for something with a cheat line like yours. The homemade decals look superb.

I'll always remember the one at Halton airfield that the sooties got to play with while we marshalled JPs around :).

Excellent work, well done.

Cheers

Gaz

• Like 1

This can't be a Mach 2 kit- it actually looks like the real airplane pictured on the box! I am impressed; I think this is one of the very nicest finished Mach 2 kits I can remember seeing! The Whistling T was a handsome (I think so, anyway!) and capable old hauler, and you have done her justice. Well done! Must weigh a kilo or so, though!:clap2:

Mike

Thanks for the kind comments.

On 09/08/2019 at 19:25, canberraman said:

A magnificent build of what can be a challenging kit. Very eye catching colour scheme too.

Mark

On 09/08/2019 at 20:49, dolphin38 said:

Great work, hard to believe its a Mach 2 kit, great colour scheme :worthy:

On 09/08/2019 at 23:24, 72modeler said:

This can't be a Mach 2 kit- it actually looks like the real airplane pictured on the box! I am impressed; I think this is one of the very nicest finished Mach 2 kits I can remember seeing! The Whistling T was a handsome (I think so, anyway!) and capable old hauler, and you have done her justice. Well done! Must weigh a kilo or so, though!:clap2:

Mike

I was expecting it to be a difficult build and whilst it didn't exactly fall together the amount of work needed wasn't too bad. It does need a lot of weight up front to get it to sit properly.

On 09/08/2019 at 20:45, speedy said:

I used to watch this in the circuit, must have taken 5 mins to get round.

Steve.

I only saw it once at a Middle Wallop air show in the 80s, shame it ended up as it did.

On 09/08/2019 at 20:59, bentwaters81tfw said:

Superb work. I plan to do the same when I get round to mine.

Let me know if you want me to send you the decal artwork to print your own.

On 09/08/2019 at 22:52, kiwitrogg said:

Stunning !! I've got a crun-n-custard one to build, but wish I'd gone for something with a cheat line like yours. The homemade decals look superb.

I'll always remember the one at Halton airfield that the sooties got to play with while we marshalled JPs around :).

Excellent work, well done.

Cheers

Gaz

I found the kit cheatlines weren't right so re-drew them whilst doing the rest of the artwork so you're probably better off with the camo version. I went to a Halton open day in the mid-80s and there were several Argosies and loads of JPs - never managed to go back though.

On 09/08/2019 at 21:49, AMB said:

Very nice!  Now where do you put it? It's a big model!

On 10/08/2019 at 08:42, petetasker said:

Superb build - bet that takes up a bit of room in a display cabinet.

It is big but hopefully I can minimise it's footprint by getting some smaller models under the wings......

Steve

Great looking build- brings back good memories- My final board at Cosford before I was let loose on the rest of the RAF was an ILS channel select snag on an Argosy, 🙂

Brilliant build Steve. I've just finished Mach2's Britannia, or rather it's just finished me. You almost got a call as the kit comes without any cheat lines, but I had some Magna ones in the box. See you at Telford.

Stunning work! I remember this aircraft coming into Woodford once, very exciting to see something so different. 

I bought this kit to make as this very same one, but after finding the civil cargo version relatively cheap I then realised the military ones have that hump over the cargo door, so I sold it. Never been able to find one for under £40 again since! 

Edited by Lord Riot