Metor T7 G-ANSO

Fantastic build and group!

I have a fat folder on these, you beat me to it! And I am glad, they are gorgeous!

I have an old kit, but you took advantage of a recent release, smart!

That tells us that if patient enough, in perhaps 3,000 years, all our scratch and modification projects will be eventually released!

Well done, a pleasure to see those beautiful lines in civil and colorful lines!

Cheers

Now I see why Hannants is out of stock on 1/72 Meteor kits! How in the world do you stay focused while doing so many of the same airplanes at the same time? Outanding collection!

Mike

Excellent workmanship in completing your series of Meteors. It's unusual to see a collection all completed to such a uniform and good standard. 

I suspect that you have a few more out there than the 6 posted recently. 

Good luck with the rest of the set.

Colin 

Thanks guys.

12 hours ago, Doc72 said:

Interesting aircraft with an immaculate paint job! And a nice collection of odd-ball Meteors.

BTW, does anyone know, why G-ANSO had fins at the front of the wingtip tanks?

I believe the fins were added when it was converted from the F8 G-AMCJ to balance the destabilising effect of the lengthened fuselage

10 hours ago, Moa said:

Fantastic build and group!

I have a fat folder on these, you beat me to it! And I am glad, they are gorgeous!

I have an old kit, but you took advantage of a recent release, smart!

That tells us that if patient enough, in perhaps 3,000 years, all our scratch and modification projects will be eventually released!

Well done, a pleasure to see those beautiful lines in civil and colorful lines!

Cheers

I'd been collecting info on these for about 40 years and was originally going to use an Aeroclub T7, the Special Hobby kit gives you everything needed so just makes sense to use it. I agree with you about being patient but not sure I can wait all of the 3000 years......

9 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Now I see why Hannants is out of stock on 1/72 Meteor kits! How in the world do you stay focused while doing so many of the same airplanes at the same time? Outanding collection!

Mike

Sorry for the Meteor depletion but I think I've got all the kits I need now so help yourself from the next delivery they get in! I've found doing a batch helps to keep focused as the work done on the first one has dried/set by the time you've done the same to the fourth one. Having all the references and paints out in one go speeds the process up as well.

8 hours ago, Colin W said:

Excellent workmanship in completing your series of Meteors. It's unusual to see a collection all completed to such a uniform and good standard. 

I suspect that you have a few more out there than the 6 posted recently. 

Good luck with the rest of the set.

Colin 

I think you've missed 2 as I've posted 8! - the 4 civil ones, PR3, PR5, Reheat F4 and Ejection Seat F3. I've now done 36 Meteors and there are 12 more to come.

Steve

• Like 1