Meteor reheat trials

A very significant prototype in the development of the jet engine. 

First time I've seen anyone attempt a model of it so great kudos to you for your efforts. A very unusual scheme as well. You must have researched a lot since aĺl the pictures I've seen of this were in black and white. 

Colin 

All the photos I've seen were black & white but the trials were carried out in Canada and I found a Canadian article that had fairly decent drawings and described the colours.

Steve

• Like 1

That Vampire is on my to-do list when I get around to the Vampire family. I used metal tube for the extended nacelles, but had to put lots of weight in the front to compensate, even now it's just as happy to sit on it's tail as it's nose.

Steve

• Like 1

That's another stunna Steve, I'm enjoying these "interesting" Meteors. I wonder what this was like if the re-heat didn't kick in exactly synchronised? It would have been attention grabbing to my mind. 

Steve.

Thanks all.

On 11/08/2019 at 11:18, stevehnz said:

That's another stunna Steve, I'm enjoying these "interesting" Meteors. I wonder what this was like if the re-heat didn't kick in exactly synchronised? It would have been attention grabbing to my mind. 

Steve.

I've wondered the same thing, I don't know how much extra thrust the reheat gave but only having it on one side wouldn't be much fun.

Steve

• Like 1