Cessna YH-41 Seneca

Dang, didn't know about anything like this. As @feifeitim noted, an interesting aircraft per Wikipedia:

The Cessna CH-1 Skyhook is the only helicopter ever built by the Cessna Aircraft Company. It was the first helicopter to land on the summit of Pike's Peak and the last piston-engined helicopter to set the helicopter altitude record.

It is an interesting looking beastie...

Thanks all.

18 hours ago, ajmm said:

Nice! Such a hilarious looking aircraft. A very clean and nicely finished build. I have one in 144. 

Is that Anigrand?

18 hours ago, opus999 said:

Beautiful job! I love how this helicopter looks like it has the nose of a Cessna 150. :D 

It is unusual looking and the front end probably was from a Cessna 150! Why make something new when you've lots of useful things lying around already.......

Steve

I like choppers, though they are not within my aviation modeling circle. And until this moment I didn't know Cessna ever produced a helicopter, let alone I knew such a helicopter ever existed. Very interesting theme and a very nicely built model :goodjob:

Thanks.

On 12/08/2019 at 18:54, mtkrl92 said:

I like choppers, though they are not within my aviation modeling circle. And until this moment I didn't know Cessna ever produced a helicopter, let alone I knew such a helicopter ever existed. Very interesting theme and a very nicely built model :goodjob:

16 hours ago, kapam said:

Cool little model!

Great execution too - Amodel are not shake-n-bake exercises in my experience.

:goodjob:

Certainly not all that well known and one of the many dead-ends of the era. The kit went together really easily, Amodel have come a long way over the years and seem to get better with each kit.

Steve

On 8/12/2019 at 5:42 PM, BritJet said:

Thanks all.

Is that Anigrand?

Yes. 

IMG_4784-600x450.jpg

As I recall the canopy fit was a bear. I went for the white upper fuselage on mine but it was a bit of a headache masking! It also lacked the rear stabilisers, but I think I may have got mine wrong checking yours. Quite a tricky little build. But then yours was Amodel and my experience of them has been just as heavy on the filler. Superb job - just been readmiring your photos.