1/48 Curtiss P-36/H-75 Hawk from Eduard

AlCZ

Eduard announcement in Chatanooga contest a complet new tool 1/48 Curtiss Hawk (P-36 & H-75) family. As last coming a early P-40 "Tomahawk" - and mayebe whole P-40 family. I think a Curtiss Hawk with radial engine was a good news. And yup, in early stage of development is a Wildcat. Curtiss H-75 is very important part of Czech or Czechoslovak history, in Battle of France many Czech airman flying this machines against German invaders. So, i´m impressed with this news ! 

• Like 9

This is good news indeed. It will be excellent to have a series of high quality Hawk 75 / Mohawk options in 1/48. The Hobbycraft kits are highly buildable for modellers who don't expect everything done for them, but they do need work, and are really hard to find now. And there are so many great colour schemes from so many countries.

But could you clarify -- have they actually announced Tomahawks (P-40) or just the P-36 / H75 family? In itself that will run to many variations once they've accounted for the different radial engines, the fixed-gear and retractable versions and the various more minor changes.

• Like 1

Excellent!

A very important aircraft, and one that served extensively across many air arms on both sides of WW2.

This is a must-have for me, likely the inevitable Finnish Limited Edition boxing that Eduard will no-doubt make.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:47 AM, AlCZ said:

Eduard announcement in Chatanooga contest a complet new tool 1/48 Curtiss Hawk (P-36 & H-75) family. As last coming a early P-40 "Tomahawk" - and mayebe whole P-40 family.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: YES YES YES !!!! I can finally make a P-36 ! Actually 4 of them, USAAC, RAF, French, & Finnish. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Adam Maas said:

Excellent!

A very important aircraft, and one that served extensively across many air arms on both sides of WW2.

This is a must-have for me, likely the inevitable Finnish Limited Edition boxing that Eduard will no-doubt make.

I didn't know the Finns used the P-36. 🤔

1 hour ago, Mike Esposito said:

Finland received 44 ex-Norwegian and French Hawk 75's from Germany starting in June 1941, with the last arriving in 1944. Hawk 75's in Finnish service scored 190 1/3 kills for 15 losses and were re-armed with heavier guns  later in the Continuation War(1-2 .50's and 2-4 .303's was the typical fit after re-arming, vs 4-6 7.5mm guns that they were initially fitted with in French or Norwegian service). they would see service until 1948.

The Hawk 75 and Brewster B239E were really the backbone of the Ilmavoimat until the 109's arrived.

Edited by Adam Maas
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

I've seen one, and it was recently bought by Jerry Yagen and has been relocated to the same shop that restored his Mosquito. I was planning on building a 1/48 version once it's complete, now I know there'll be a kit!

10 hours ago, k5054nz said:

I've seen one, and it was recently bought by Jerry Yagen and has been relocated to the same shop that restored his Mosquito. I was planning on building a 1/48 version once it's complete, now I know there'll be a kit!

I saw the tail fin of a Finnish one in the Peter Jackson museum at Omaka,NZ.

7ym6tf.jpg

Shows the (obvious German previous ownership) and the white winter wash applied by the Finns.  The rest of it is apparently in store so could be the Jerry Yagen one seeing as he already has an NZ connection with the Mossie he owns.

• Like 1

But this is a probably far future release. Another new type (when you don't count sub version of Bf 109 & Mustang) in "near future" was "early Merlin Powered Spitfire). I can' t wait for state of art 1/48 Spitfire Mk. V ! So, i think a downscaled Hawk was too far...

IMHO - I personaly want a H-75 French air force in BoF only... because Czechoslovaks fighter pilots... Another release can me make cold...as many Bf 109 & Bf 109 variants in last time :) Tomahawk & Warhawk was for me most attractive (RAF,USAAF, VVS, Free French etc...many colorful camos with sometimes real  huge nose arts and shark mouths)

8 hours ago, k5054nz said:

god i hope he paints in the Finnish colors,,,it;s a part of the war that is often over looked

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gareth said:

Great News ! Now does anyone want to buy 3 Hobbycraft P-36....

The Hobbycraft kit is quite buildable and certainly a better effort in terms of accuracy than the early P-40s that Hobbycraft did. Also, the Eduard kit is vapourware at the moment, who knows how long it will be before we see it in the plastic.

• Like 4

Both have been announced as work in progress on Czech forums several years ago, both P-36 and P-40B, Wildcat is a novelty.

So far Mr.Sulc announced as work in progress following...

Early Merlin Spitfires and Seafires

Hurricane

Mustang

Mosquito

F4U-1

MiG-15

New Fw 190D

Me 262

Mig-21F-13/UM

F-4 Phantom ( was cancelled?)

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

The Hobbycraft kit is quite buildable and certainly a better effort in terms of accuracy than the early P-40s that Hobbycraft did. Also, the Eduard kit is vapourware at the moment, who knows how long it will be before we see it in the plastic.

^ That. I wouldn't hold my breath. Eduard will be (rightfully) milking the P-51D/K/F-6 variants for a year or two.

Parts for P-51D/K you have in Chatanooga Cho Cho L.E. - prop and Dallas canopy are included, "spy" F-6 was released later, with new tool fuselage, camera etc… But when you can build  fighter-bomber D/K you can, now :) 

23 hours ago, Paul J said:

I saw the tail fin of a Finnish one in the Peter Jackson museum at Omaka,NZ.

Shows the (obvious German previous ownership) and the white winter wash applied by the Finns.  The rest of it is apparently in store so could be the Jerry Yagen one seeing as he already has an NZ connection with the Mossie he owns.

The very same project. 😎

• Like 1