Jo-Han Dodge Dart '62 Convertible - resto in "gold'n brown"

Hi folks,

I got this recently from a modelling mate as a built kit amongst other stuff. As we all know, these days these Jo-Han kits come very expensive when bought new, so I took the opportunity to get this one at a very fair price, although it took quite some work because the front quarters had heavy dents on both sides since the kit was new. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Of course, repairing those spots meant losing the beautiful "Dart 440" enblems, but that was the price to pay. I sanded down those spots and used Tamiya putty and sandable superglue for filling the dents. Then again sanding to make it fit to the body's contours. The result turned out okay in my eyes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Your feedback, as always, will be appreciated.

• Like 9

That's a very nice restoration job, Thomas, shame about having to lose the emblems but that's life !

Whenever the name Jo-Han appears in these pages, I tend to give a bit of a shudder having built a second hand kit Jo-Han Caddilac convertible for my son in law to replicate his 1-1 model.

His being [if I recall] a 1956 model and the kit being from 1957, I, too, had to do some  butchery of the front end to move the headlights from the wings to the grille [or vice versa], I've tried to forget as much of the build details as possible........

It certainly didn't come up as well as your model, but he was pleased with it, so that was the main thing !

Cheers....Rog

Really nice restoration work Thomas, very good looking car with a nice paintjob! :thumbsup:

I've just started a resto job on a 1959 Lincoln Continental model that my late dad made for me in about 1961 - it's survived a number of house moves, living in various lofts for 58 years, so I hope I can get it looking somewhere near as nice as your Dodge!

Keith

I'd say it's turned out more than ok. If you hadn't said about removing the indentations on the front wings I'd never have known, so I'd say losing the badges is a small price to pay for that. Excellent restoration.

• 2 weeks later...