1 24th Scale Bussing 8000 Truck

Progress with truck after holiday .Load made & painted.On checking fit on chassis I think I am going to close the rear drop down side as it impinges on wheel arches. This will allow me to have a decal showing on that side which will be Ok I think

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

A couple of notes from cab construction  The distressed seat under driving wheel was just done by heating & pressing with a object. Would suggest checking fit of doors into assembly I found I had to ease the slot on right hand side of this door photo as it was a very tight fit on cab

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

Assume you mean the drivers sleeping space,if so no, it is part of the cab assembly & not removable . I painted the inside as bedding & added a pillow .Not seen in photos I also added a magazine & paper to cab just for a bit of interest. Will try to photograph later. Assembly was ok after easing slots on both side of doors.,

Very nice progress since I last visited. Lots of stuff to add even more interest and the color is beautiful on that truck.

There's two things I noticed - nothing big, but maybe worth to mention:

- Interesting mix of languages you have there. Most things seem to be german, including the haulage contractor. The writing on the tank is not german, though. I'd guess it is swedish.

- The steering wheel sits very low - It would be impossible to get the legs under there. I guess one won't notice that once the cab is closed, but with the doors missing it is quite obvious. The deformed seat is a great detail, this adds quite a lot.

Thank you Must admit just hoped lettering was German You know how useless us Brits are at any language but our own .Guess I will just have to say tank is an import Ha Ha .Did check translation on google of label on small hut which says dry store (I think) The other is Krupp which I did know was German Spent 2.5 years in Germany in the 50s on National Service & only thing i learnt was to count up to 10 in German .You are right about the steering wheel driver would need to be legless to get in.Not much I can do about it now though. Other than that I am quite pleased with build & as you say it is not easy to see when doors are on.

12 hours ago, Old John said:

Assume you mean the drivers sleeping space,if so no, it is part of the cab assembly & not removable . I painted the inside as bedding & added a pillow .

Ah, yes indeed. It's actually the first time I noticed it. On pictures it's usually hidden by the tarp and on my edition of the kit it's not on the box art, although it depicts an open load bed. Apparently it's called a "Schwalbeneste", which translates to "swallow's nest" (What, African or European?)

I really like what you've done so far.

• Haha 1

Engine assembled detailed& painted. Also bonnet/hod which is going to be just a placed fit so it can be lifted off. To tidy up  join with body added a very thin strip of plastic which has a very slight overlap. this will be black in the end.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

spacer.pngspacer.pngMore work don in last couple of days. Wheels fixed on,engine installed & test fitted bonnet ( which is just going to be a loose fit.Next need ti lift rear cargo side & think about something for open tarpaulin. With that done will be getting near end of build

• Like 2

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Completed tarpaulin Not great,but not to bad I think.Lifted rear load side, Managed to detach & lift steering wheel as far as it would go,looks better.Other bits completed & I think I can now call this one done.Can be displayed with or without tarpaulin .Enjoyed build. No real problems .From quite a big one my next project is a Morris Mini.Quite a change.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

I like it a lot John, well done. The dust on it looks just right, and the cargo makes it nice to look at. Could you post a picture with the bonnet off? By the way, what paints did you use? 

Nice build, good to see one of these oldies (truck) oldies (kit) come to life!

One slight deficiency (if I remember correctly... 95% sure) that's easy to correct is the yellow sign on top of the cab. I think it should be in upwards position whenever a trailer is towed. On the lorry as a standalone, it was flipped back. I think Revell's instructions and most built kits are 'wrong' in this aspect. 

I do look forward to your Krupp build.

• Like 1

Hi JeroenS Thank you very much for kind comments. There is a pic In fact 2 with the engine on show if that is what you mean.Paints used were Revell my own mixed colors. I know they get a poor name for paints but they work for me, at times hard to spray but they do dry. Have used Mr Hobby, Tamiya  both of which I found never seemed to get hard + a couple of others. Also I find Revell are more economical. Each to whatever works for them.Got to admit the main painting of a model is not one of my favorite bits.Like pre paint assembly & detail painting but don't think I am much good with a airbrush. Better with matt not so good with anything that needs a gloss finish.

• Like 1

Hi Roy Again thanks for info & kind words If it seems the triangle will come off ok will rectify, if not will have to live with it Good to know.& maybe someone building it in future will spot it.Admit I am quite pleased the way it turned out. One of my better ones I think On subject of Krupp are Evergreen 149 & 158 just strips & not shapes ? Thank you again.

Thank you Pete Glad you like it. Hoping I may be very lucky & pick up the Hanomag Trailer at Telford  Not seen it on E bay at all so guess there is not much chance,but never the less a great day out.A long ride & a very tiring for me but great to see how good some modelers are..I like the dioramas some are works of art. 

• Like 1

Thank you Roy  Quite pricey as you say plus postage of course. Not desperate for one,so think I will take my chance. Seeing as Bussing was a re release they may do trailer soon Thanks for heads up anyway.