Tamiya M113

Cheers chaps :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Richard E said:

Fascinating work so far Dan.

Wondering who manufacturers the metal antenna mount you have used ?

The antenna bases are made by these guys, looks like they changed to brass now 

https://www.mrmodellbau.com/_shop/product_info.php?products_id=277&MODsid=d84b5ee708819c51d38c71aada71f93e

Regards

Dan 

The tiny job of wiring up everything, painting is going to be real fun :frantic:

Restarted the wiring on the inside wall, it should be two smaller cables so I have another to add yet.

Very time consuming as the lead wire is not good to glue, you need to clean it up to get rid of any surface oxidisation 

so that the CA glue sticks, almost like solder prep. Again some artistic licence has to go into this this as the main fuel tank is still to long

which in tern throws out the correct layout.  

P1070259

P1070260

P1070261

P1070262

P1070263

More to follow 

Dan 

• Like 8

More wiring today, second loom added. 

P1070268

Commanders pedestal mount added to the floor along with the spring bracket for the section commanders jump seat.

P1070265

P1070267

Battery box cables added 

P1070270

Knocked about the rubber tyres on the running gear. A few gouges and lumps added. 

P1070271

Cheers for looking in.

Dan 

• Like 6

Cheers Kev :thumbsup:

Drivers instrument panel next, was going to use the kit part but decided to have a bash with the PE part, better I think, switches added and a few other bits.

Brought out the dime again to give you a sense of scale. Dials are backed with plastic card so the Archer decals can go in.

P1070285

P1070279

P1070278

P1070277

Kit part and the primed Eduard part 

P1070287

P1070288

External Fire fighting handle housing added along with another RX antenna base with one of the brush guards, again I was going to use the Eduard PE version but felt that 

it was too thin, the kit part being more suitable.

P1070281

P1070282

P1070283

I've added a bit more to the interior but nothing mind blowing so I'll save those pictures for better light.

Enjoy 

Dan 

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers chaps,

Not had much time at the bench lately so not much more done, however I have scratched one of the two interior battle lights. The kit parts were 

just plop so I made one which although not perfect is much better, I've now got to build another the same :frantic:

P1070292

P1070291

P1070297 Light fitting

More later chaps 

Dan 

• Like 4

First use of the Tamiya lacquer paints and I'm impressed.

Silver LP-11 over gloss back LP-1, silver floor masked up and I'll shoot some chipping fluid over the rest before the sea green interior colour. 

P1070300

P1070299

P1070298

Cheers 

Dan 

• Like 4

Cheers chaps,

7 minutes ago, Miketheexrock said:

Smiles all round on this one so far , being lucky enough to hold it in the flesh ..so to speak , , yer chips are a little heavy Danny boy , you going to knock them back a bit with loads of washes , I presume  

Just the start Mike, the foundations as they say matey 

4 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Having seen this in the flesh plastic I can ensure you this rather special up close and personal !!

Iwas there as he produced the light with minimal swearing

:clap2:

Kev

Mhhhhh,  the light:frantic:  , My love of procrastination has kicked in for the second one for some strange reason Kev. Possibly tomorrow matey, no promises though and no I'm not going to make the horn work ;)

Cheers for like everyone, all very much appreciated indeed.

Dan 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers chaps,

Just the start Mike, the foundations as they say matey 

Mhhhhh,  the light:frantic:  , My love of procrastination has kicked in for the second one for some strange reason Kev. Possibly tomorrow matey, no promises though and no I'm not going to make the horn work ;)

Cheers for like everyone, all very much appreciated indeed.

Dan 

the light , ah the light , saw it in the office and thought , Nah he is never going to start using that is he ?

• Haha 1

Please don't encourage them chaps :hmmm:

49 minutes ago, longshanks said:

I appreciate that it's going to take time to get the lights working :whistle:

Kev

23 minutes ago, Miketheexrock said:

Keep on him , he'll put in a small Surface Mounted diode before lone to Show off the interior 

So the few bits I did last night are progressing along, Steering box and front of the pack and gearbox.

Same treatment as the other bits. none of this is glued yet so some bits are a bit wobbly.

P1070327

P1070326

P1070325

P1070324

Enjoy folks 

Dan 

• Like 7