Tamiya M113

Cheers for all the very kind words they are very much appreciated indeed.

So a bit more done, more tie downs this time on the rear for the jerry cans and I've also added the two on the front for the shovel 

Richard E also pointed out that the rear mud flap on the left had side was wrong in the Tamiya kit so instead of fixing the old kit part I found in my 

spares box one from the Academy kit. I ripped off the old Tamiya kit part and added the new -old part :frantic: I reckon I have had the Academy part for 30 odd years kicking around 

in my spares box. I think the reason for the change in the channel on the fender is that the fuel tank drain plug is probably at the top? Answers on a post card to GeeksRus.com 

P1070703

P1070702

P1070701

P1070700

P1070705

P1070706

P1070708

More later 

Dan 

• Like 8

Your 113 is really coming together I didn't have the patience to do all those etch tie downs on mine.

Looking forward to seeing yours with its war paint on.

Roger

• Thanks 1

Cheers chaps,

I tested the Hataka lacquer paints last night and happy to report back they are very good, I only sprayed the cupola with green and it goes down well. I then tested a few more colours on some scrap plastic and I can get quite tight demarcation so I’m happy.

Regards

Dan 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its been a while gents, many apologies for the delay but I've not had the time or inclination recently 

to do much on the build. I've managed to do a bit but not much.

The straps in the upper hull are for the .50 cal tripod so I'm making these up out of lead foil.

P1070740

Brackets added for the pioneer tools and a scratch built crowbar, the kit part was not that good and broken, easy build though.

P1070741

Drivers hatch gets more detail 

P1070742

P1070744

P1070745

Cam net and tarp 

P1070746

P1070748

More later 

Dan 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers buddy, the Wagon in your photo is a British FV432, I didn’t know the Indian Army used them TBH 

Regards

Dan 

Oh wrong picture. Here is the right one:

3079d8f6-5267-495f-b603-00964ec33855.jpg

• Thanks 1

So the main paint job, jury is out on this one, the Hataka paints looked good on a test run

but I suffered from tip dry even with adding a lacquer paint retarder, lots of over spray and a bit of bounce back

on a few things. Colours look good and close to the real deal but it need tidying up yet, its far from finished yet.

P1070783

P1070784

P1070785

P1070786

P1070787

More later today.

Dan 

• Like 9