Tamiya M113

The  job you have done with this interior is excellent. Not only the details are very well executed, but the additional equipment and stuff really brings it to life.

Hope you get well very soon.

Kristjan

• Thanks 1

I spent many an hour at Ft. Lewis and Yakima Firing Center in the late '70s and early '80s staring at that exact shade of sea foam green in my APC.  I sure wish mine would have had a heater.  (I think my was straight back from Vietnam!  😀

You've done a fantastic job and it brought back many fond (and not so fond) memories.  Thanks.  

• Thanks 1

Cheers Guys for the great feedback on the project,

So I've been busy with the tie downs on the roof of the 113, there are a few and they are tiny, most don't want to bend evenly 

but I think after primer they will be okay. I still have a few more to add yet so it's going to take a while. 

P1070679

P1070681

I've also sprayed the scopes up on the cupola with silver and clear green, these will get masked up before the final colour.

P1070685

P1070689

Also added the radio shelf support brackets. 

P1070683

Enjoy 

Dan 

• Like 9

Not very realistic looking is it Dan. I mean, where's the spliff cigarette ash and the crushed Coke cans?:giggle:

Looking good mate. I hope you retain your sanity after all of those tie downs.

John.

• Haha 3

Thank you chaps for the kind words indeed.

Well its been a bit of while since I've had a chance to do any modelling, life has its funny way of really smashing you in the face when you don't need it. I'm still recovering from my heart attack back in December 

and making good progress ( So you'll all have to put up with me a while longer ). However on January 15th 2020 I lost my dear Mum to cancer, She was diagnosed 18 months ago with renal cancer, this then spread to her breasts but was all under control and treatable,

4 months ago Mum was given the all clear. Just before Christmas it returned with vengeance, it spread everywhere and at a speed that I still cannot comprehend even now, Mum was playing bowls 4 weeks before passing that how fast it took.  Mum was 66 years old. 

So you can imagine that modelling and things have taken a back stage for a while as we try and piece back some form of normality, I manged to get a few bits done on the build to take my mind off things. I've manged to finish the exterior tie downs and tidy up a few things 

with the build and I'm going to grab an hour at the bench this afternoon.  Thank you all for following along with the build so far chaps, There might be a few pauses but ill get there  :thumbsup:

P1070698

P1070696

P1070695

P1070694

P1070697

Cheers for looking in 🙂 

Dan 

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

I was so sorry to hear the news t'other day, and hope things are as OK as they can be.  I'm always there if you need a chat or distraction for a bit ;)

• Thanks 1

You really have upset the gods Dan, because that is a swine of a couple of months that you've just had. I know what it's like as I lost my Dad to that rotten disease and my wife has had it twice. There's nothing that I can say that will make you feel any better except just keep putting one foot in front of the other. The modelling will help....eventually. 

All the best.

John.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about your mum Dan, it's no consolation right now, but time is the great healer, in recent years I lost both my brother to cancer and shortly thereafter my mum passed away after a lengthy period of dementia. 

Take all the time you need, we'll still be here when the time is right and the modelling is a great way to distract yourself when you need to.

Take care and best wishes.

Ant

• Thanks 1

Saw Dan on Friday for a few hours , Sat chatted a lot  and laughed together at us using her house as a hotel on a Saturday night.  Our Dan is a fighter. How ever I believe the pain never goes away . 

God bless you all for looking out for him , be safe 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1