Tamiya M113

More detail bits going into the hull now, radio fitted, spare .50 cal barrel. flash light. some rubbed off rubber from the drives boot soles 

added.  It's getting busy in there now, with a spare M47 reload and a few MRE boxes with the ALICE packs it should look a bit more like home for some troops on a Reforger Exercise.

P1070629

P1070628

P1070627

P1070625

Cheers for looking in all

Dan 

• Like 8

Thank you all for the great feedback chaps, all very much appreciated indeed. 

Mocking out the interior bits n bobs, I've plumbed in the fixed fire extinguisher and painted up the night scope for the driver, chucked in the ALICE packs just to see how they fit.

P1070636

P1070637

P1070635

P1070634

P1070640

P1070642

Cheers All 

Dan 

• Like 10

Last update today, I've decaled the crew PASGT helmets with the Cross Delta woodland pattern decals,

These will go inside as part of the crew kit. Some detail painting yet to do but as these are drying off 

they will get done later. 

P1070644

P1070645

P1070647

P1070646

Foliage bands and cats eyes will get painting up as I mentioned above.  The decals were 3 piece for the helmets as per the full size covers for those interested :thumbsup:

Cheers

Dan 

• Like 7

Cheers chaps,

I have done the detail painting on one of the helmets this morning, one more to go and then a touch of matt varnish. Some basic shadows added and the foliage band painted up 

with the two cats eye reflectors on the back. 

P1070649

P1070650

P1070652

P1070655

Cheers for looking in. 

Dan

• Like 6

Just spent a happy hour reading through this thread (should have been working but...) The level of workmanship is outstanding and I am amazed at the level of detail you have incorporated. Hope you are recuperating and feeling a bit better?

Edited by brianthemodeller
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys,

Had a break from it all over the Xmas but managed an hour today, mainly adding all the bits n bobs to the interior.

P1070667

P1070666

P1070664

P1070661

P1070660

P1070658

P1070657

P1070656

P1070662

A few more details to add and a bit of pigments yet to go in but we are getting close.

Happy New year to you all. 

Regards

Dan 

• Like 9

Nice to see you back with this one Dan, hope you had a good Christmas and have a good New Year.

Your interior is looking superb can't for the next instalment!

Roger

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Had a break from it all over the Xmas but managed an hour today, mainly adding all the bits n bobs to the interior.

As they say at Tesco.....every little bit helps. Hope that the ticker is doing fine. HNY.

John.

• Thanks 1

Looks like the break has recharged your battery’s I have to keep going back over the photos incase I miss any of the details 👀

Cracking job Dan 

Best Wishes for 2020 look after that ticker 

beefy 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers guys,

P1070667 

Enjoying watching your progress Dan.

One question, it might still be on your to do list but should the cut out on the left hand rear track guard be filled in:

spacer.png

or, if it is present, more channel shaped presumably its a fluid drain of some description ?

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good spot Richard,

I did notice it early on during the build and took it that Tamiya modelled a A0 wagon, I’ll have to do a bit of digging about but it looks an easy fix with a bit of epoxy putty :frantic:

Regards

Dan 

• Like 1

Slow progress I'm afraid chaps, a lot is going on in the world of Dads203 

so grabbing bench time is something I'm not really able to do. I will try harder though. :frantic:

More interior detailing and the creation of the small details that you would find on a M113 in Germany during the cold war. MRE boxes 

Ammo tins and the personal kit from the crew.

P1070670

P1070676

P1070675

P1070671

P1070669

More wiring going on in the engine bay.

P1070677

Some of the details have yet to be finished off but it's getting close now.

Regards

Dan 

• Like 7