Tamiya M113

Guy, once again thanks for the great feedback, gerald.b welcome to BM :thumbsup:

So a bit of a disaster, I thought it best to prime the interior with my airbrush rather than a rattle can, I used Alclad black primer as I was going to 

spray Tamiya silver lacquer over the top and add the normal chipping fluid and then the final top coat.  All good until the Tamiya silver went on 

and this looked like it reacted with the Alclad primer. It started to bubble and go all grainy which isn't good at all, I manged to cut the worst parts 

with micromesh but some hard to reach areas are bad. I'm not going to strip it but live with it and move on.

Top coat is on now but I'll have to chip it up the old way, Pack bay has had some Tamiya smoke blown into it and areas around the final drive. 

P1070571

P1070572

P1070573

More later folks 

Dan 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Rear ramp, I was going to use anti slip on this but couldn't find any decent pictures to support this apart from 

from a few German vehicles.

P1070576

P1070578

Once I get some pigments on the ramp it will dull it down a bit.

Regards

Dan 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Rear ramp, I was going to use anti slip on this but couldn't find any decent pictures to support this apart from 

from a few German vehicles.

Once I get some pigments on the ramp it will dull it down a bit.

Regards

Dan 

Have you seen these pictures from Prime Portal - the M113 is an EOD wagon photographed at RAF Lakenheath

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can say that seeing Dan today was a pleasure as always , This build is even better in the flesh , and he was nearly crying at the f'ing paint cock up .  Dan you need to drop me those SA13 pictures , its like hens teeth that build , its all photobucketed , be safe brother , will speak during the week 

• Thanks 1

Cheers guys,

So adding more of the little details to the interior, more Archer decals added and the scratch built fire extinguisher 

added to the rear bulkhead.  I can now start the weathering process for the interior.

P1070580

P1070579

P1070581

More later :thumbsup:

Dan 

• Like 7

Cheers all,

The recovery is going well I think, pump is still functioning and I have my first round of Cardio Rehab on Monday afternoon.

The nurse is behaving you'll all be glad to know;) so one could say that all is well. 

Probably the last update today , I need a snooze and its getting cold in the workshop now. Drivers IP is fitted along with the fixed fire extinguisher, a few more details picked out 

in the drivers compartment and a few areas touched up. 

P1070597

P1070598

P1070599

Till the next update chaps 

Dan 

• Like 10

Dan just a quick warning although you probably already know, fitting the drive shaft/steering box with the final drives in place requires bending the drive shafts on one side at least to get them in place. On mine the plastic is quite brittel and didn't want to bend the required amount!  

Your interior is stunning great attention to detail as always

Roger

• Thanks 1

but what a job my friend !!!!!!! Wowwwwww  :gobsmacked:!!!! 

I'm a fan, really fan of your work Dan !!!
The quality that you presented to us is astounding!
The interior paint is to die for.
With the same shade of RAL, it's only happiness for our eyes!

Congratulations my friend :cheers:!!!

Gérald

• Thanks 1

Cheers chaps,

Still moving forward but slowly, working on the crew gear so a couple of washed out ALICE packs for the driver and commander 

to fit into the back of the troop compartment.

P1070614

P1070611

Just need a quick blast of matt varnish and they should look okay.

More later 

Dan 

• Like 6