Tamiya M113

35 minutes ago, DAG058 said:

Does he have any more Accurate Armour in his stash? I've always fancied trying something of theirs.

Glad to hear your on the mend Dan, take your time and look after yourself.

If his Mrs knew how much was in that collection, he would already be dead😁

• Haha 4

Right chaps,

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but I’m still alive so looks like I’ll keep the stash just for a little while longer, I do appreciate the concern though of the stash and what might happen to it ;)

Still in hospital at the moment awaiting further tests, if these come back okay then there might be the possibility I could go home tomorrow or Friday. So it all started a week ago and they reckon I had at least 5 heart attacks during that period before I jumped into the car and scrambled to A&E. The last one being slightly bigger in magnitude  the others I had.

I’ve been told that I’m one lucky person and for a change my own (Possibly Stupid ..at the time ) action of driving to A&E might of saved my life, Although they do recommend using the 999 system, I didn’t tell them that before I drove down that I popped all the bins out, let the dog into the garden for a whiz and then went upstairs to apply deodorant and some aftershave as not to offend anyone.

Three main lesson learnt-  

A pain in the right arm like burning phosphorus can be indicator of a heart attack and not like what you read that it’s only your left arm that gets painful.

The pain in your chest does not have be that bad for it to be the start of a Heart Attack.

Call an ambulance if in doubt, don’t just drive yourself, I collapsed at the entrance of A&E, ( After walking half a mile from the car park) it could of been worse if I had been at the wheel at the time then the Mrs would of killed me again for smashing up her Merc. At the time I really didn’t think it was a heart attack as according to Google I didn’t show any of the basic symptoms.

Hopefully back up and running soon ;)

Dan 

• Like 9

Good to hear you are feeling better Dan👍

At the risk of turning this into a med thread can I just back Dan up in saying there is no one size fits all attack! Mine started with a ache in the chest which I put down to indigestion (wrong) later in the day I was hit by a pain I don’t want to experience again,pain down my right arm,across the shoulder blades and into the base of my skull. I was driving a truck at that moment and they said to me that because I had something to concentrate on that stopped me going under. Needless to say two blocked arteries and five stents later I am still here.
on the good side Dan more meds for you for the rest of your natural 😀

Ivan

Edited by ivan-o
  • Like 1

here's wishing you a speedy recovery Dan make sure you listen to them nurses they do a grand job fixing people up you know

and don't worry about the stash I am sure the Guard dogs will have the place secured until you get back to it  :dog:

beefy

• Thanks 1

Hi Dan

I'm sorry I read what happened to you. What an unpleasant surprise, thankfully everything was taken on time and you are in good hands, I only wish that everything goes as well as possible and you can continue with your life as before.
Best regards.👍

• Thanks 1

Afternoon Guys,

Well the first bit of modelling since last week, starting to feel a bit better now and as the Doc said " Modelling is good therapy " so it feels a bit like Doctors orders :frantic:

Thank you all for the kind words of support :thumbsup: All very much appreciated indeed chaps.

I bought these just to try as I like a good lacquer paint, was a bit worried as the acrylic range got really mixed reviews, do these need thinning or are they airbrush ready? 

P1070560

Started roughing out the 0.50 cal spare barrel holder that lives next to the driver.

P1070561

P1070562

Hopefully more later ;)

Dan 

• Like 7

Modelling IS Good Therapy!!!

And a "Great to see you back at the bench from me" as well!!

Good luck with the Hataka - tempting colour range but I failed with their acrylics though I hear they've ?changed their formula since

Well done Dan

Rob

• Thanks 1

Cheers Chaps, taking it very easy indeed chaps, not been out to the bench yet but looking at later for an hour of therapy ;)

I was a bit worried about the Hataka paints as I know a few people who have had problems with them in the past but for 20 quid I thought it would be worth a punt, if they work well then it will save mixing up custom batches of MERDC colours in Tamiya or MRP. 

Regards

Dan 

6 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers Chaps, taking it very easy indeed chaps, not been out to the bench yet but looking at later for an hour of therapy ;)

I was a bit worried about the Hataka paints as I know a few people who have had problems with them in the past but for 20 quid I thought it would be worth a punt, if they work well then it will save mixing up custom batches of MERDC colours in Tamiya or MRP. 

Regards

Dan 

I had major problems with the acrylics and gave them an utter slating.  They said they had changed the composition and sent me a load of free paint to say nice things about them.  I’ve not used it yet and it’s sat unopened for about 2 years.  Let’s hope their new stuff is better.  Hopefully they have learned their lesson...... 

Edited by simmerit
  • Thanks 1

Fingers crossed for you Si that the new batch they sent is still okay.

So, one thing I was toying with and I'm not sure that I'll use it yet is the M47 Dragon ATGM mount for the M113 (M175 mount) I think this 

missile was hated by the US military and didn't last to long in service. I took this from the Academy FISTV kit as it's not used for that version and adapted it to fit the Tamiya kit.

It adds a bit of interest and if it works with the commander figure then I might use it. Added some missing details to the mount such as the sight unit and some of the trigger mech

that's missing, the sight unit is from the Tamiya US Infantry set, I'll use the Missile tube and a spare reload and stash it in the back of the M113.

P1070569

P1070568

P1070567

P1070566

P1070565

P1070564

Still a few more bits to add and bit of tidying up yet but its almost done.

Regards

Dan 

• Like 5

Good to see you getting all benchy after the shock of your heart attacks. :yes: You remember what the doctors said, follow their instructions to the letter, especially that bit about the modelling. Make sure you get them to repeat that part being good therapy within earshot of her indoors too :wicked:

• Like 1