Tamiya M113

Very good job with the soldier's face, I have the same set of paintings, and they don't help me at all ...
At least, the comments you make about the white in the eyes, makes me feel calmer, because the artist, you mention, an authority on the subject, does not seem to care either.
Undoubtedly the part that makes the difference in clothes, is the appearance of grain, which resembles fabric. Very good...:popcorn:

Cheers Dan 👍

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the kind comments and the likes chaps, won’t be getting much done this weekend as it’s the Telford weekend. Longshanks is here and Si (Simmerit) is on his way for a fun packed weekend. ;)

Catch you later 

Dan 

Cheers Guys,

Well Telford is over and a good show was had ( only another 363 days to go till the next one :frantic:

Picked up mostly paint and weathering products but did sneak a Trumpeter SA-13 Gopher in as the only kit.

On 09/11/2019 at 13:12, Hamden said:

Hope you have a great weekend Dan, sorry I couldn't join you

Roger

Roger, next year mate, it would be good to catch up indeed fella.  so now you have a bit of warning now to get prepped for it :thumbsup:

Bullbasket, was great to finally meet up with you and have a good chat matey. Certa Cito :thumbsup:  and till next year. 

Simmerit, good to see you again bud, it’s been a few years mate but now you popped your Telford cherry I hope to see you again at the show.

Right, only an hour tonight so started the commanders head painting, its only roughed out at this stage and needs loads more work with blending and shades adding.

P1070442

P1070441

It looks rough at the minute but it will come together on the next session. The helmet has had some prelim work done but requires more detail work yet.

Enjoy 

Dan 

• Like 3

Glad you had a good weekend at Telford, will certainly try to make next year!

Looking forward to seeing your 113 come together and hopefully get back on mine in the near future!

Roger

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Bullbasket, was great to finally meet up with you and have a good chat matey. Certa Cito :thumbsup:  and till next year. 

You too Dan. It's always good to put a face to a name. I'm already planning for next year.

John.

• Like 1

Good to hear John :thumbsup: How many days to go ? 

So a bit more done on the face painting for the commander, a bit more blending and some flesh highlights 

done, not yet finished with this chap. 

P1070452

P1070451

P1070450

P1070449

Slow process but I'm getting there :frantic:

Enjoy 

Dan 

• Like 9

Cheers guys  :thumbsup:

The bit I was dreading, adding the arms, I still need to blend these in yet and i'm thinking Vallejo 

putty so I can clean it up with water and then carefully repaint any areas that require it.

P1070456

P1070455

P1070454

P1070453

P1070457

P1070458

Helmet wiring and mic next I think.

Regards

Dan 

• Like 8

Just now, ivan-o said:

Looking good indeed 👌

my DPM arrived today so I’ll have a tinker with that during the week.

Cheers Ivan, 

Make sure you get a real good decal softener mate, I picked up some Daco Strong this weekend and it nailed it. 

Dan 

• Like 1

That cocktail stick looks as though it may be giving him some discomfort.....as does your thumb!! Nice going with the figure's paint job Dan. I don't know if it's any use to you, but I often use white PVA glue to fill gaps such as the ones around the joint between the arm and body. I used it on the figure with the Centaur.

John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bullbasket said:

That cocktail stick looks as though it may be giving him some discomfort.....as does your thumb!! Nice going with the figure's paint job Dan. I don't know if it's any use to you, but I often use white PVA glue to fill gaps such as the ones around the joint between the arm and body. I used it on the figure with the Centaur.

John.

Top man John, PVA I think will be my first port of call, thanks buddy.

PS ... that’s my stunt doubles thumb :whistle:

• Haha 1

Dan - just a suggestion re the arms and filler.  Mr Hobby "Dissolved putty" - apply with a cocktail stick - viscous liquid that gels within a few minutes and is (nearly) self levelling.

Great to meet you again - hope you had a good W/E and Kev mentioned ………..snow?

Rob

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

Dan - just a suggestion re the arms and filler.  Mr Hobby "Dissolved putty" - apply with a cocktail stick - viscous liquid that gels within a few minutes and is (nearly) self levelling.

Great to meet you again - hope you had a good W/E and Kev mentioned ………..snow?

Rob

Cheers Rob, another one to try, I have Mr Dissolved putty in the armoury so that is worth a try. The join isn’t to bad to be honest but does need some help.

Yeah, Saturday we had snow, the Mrs texted just to say it was turning bad, it started at 10am so we made the decision to stay at Telford and worry about the snow on the way back :hmmm:By the time we left most of it has melted and by Sunday it was gone. 

Dan 

4 hours ago, vaoinas said:

Very well painted and finished figure.

Arms and hands look a bit oversized to me, but it probably won't be noticeable when he sits in the vehicle.

They are rather large but it’s a product of its time, I think the kit was first issued back in 1974 so not to bad for a kit of its vintage. ;)

I did consider scratch building two new arms but it would of added more time to the build and as you said, once sat in the drivers compartment it won’t really detract from the build.

Cheers guys 

Dan 

Cheers guys, :thumbsup:

I filled the areas around the arms with Vallejo putty in the end, no solvents minimal shrinkage and it can be cleaned up with water.

It worked well, some careful paint matching and he is almost done, I'll get some matt varnish on him and add the lead for his headset and mic soon 

P1070460

P1070461

P1070462

P1070463

P1070466

Cheers for stopping by 

Dan 

• Like 13