Tamiya M113

Another quick update, more uniform decals going on so proper 1/35 scale tailoring going on.

I found that using Mr Mark Setter was even better when used as well as the softener.

Added a couple of data plates to the pack bay roof and the air filter, the section commanders jump seat roughed out.

P1070419

P1070420

P1070421

P1070422

P1070424

P1070426

P1070425

Rear troop seats getting some paint, under the interior green is primer, gloss back, Tamiya LP11 silver, chipping fluid and then the top coat.

P1070423

Enjoy 

Dan 

• Like 8

15 hours ago, ivan-o said:

Top stuff Dan! Are those uniform decals worth the effort?

Ivan

I’m getting use to them now Ivan, having the right decal solution helps massively and without any they would be impossible to fix in place. It’s amazing how you can get them around lots of complex curves, but you need eye of a Tailor to cut the right shapes. 

I’m liking them the more I add, plus I couldn’t paint the cam to that standard. Set your self plenty of time to add them if you have any in the stash ;)

I must admit these are a practice run for the DPM decals I have for another project.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dads203 said:

I’m getting use to them now Ivan, having the right decal solution helps massively and without any they would be impossible to fix in place. It’s amazing how you can get them around lots of complex curves, but you need eye of a Taylor to cut the right shapes. 

I’m liking them the more I add, plus I couldn’t paint the cam to that standard. Set your self plenty of time to add them if you have any in the stash ;)

I must admit these are a practice run for the DPM decals I have for another project.

I am toying with the idea to invest in some 😀.

That other project would not involve a certain 432 would it?

They are worth a try Ivan but make sure you get some strong decal solution, I normally use the Daco medium solution and this was slow to react, the Mr Mark Setter and Softener really works well.  I’ll pick up some of the Daco strong solution probably at Telford as Daco is my go to solution. Up until I used these decals the medium was fine. 

As for the next project I’m going for something a little less taxing so the 43 will sit a while longer I think, my conversion involves a bucket load of scratch building. I’m mulling over the next project at the moment but it will probably be Cold War British ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Miketheexrock said:

I thought you are doing OOB T54 interior  kit. 

The next build will be a gentle Build Mike, the kit you mentioned has hundreds of parts and will be a complex paint .... So No ! :P

49 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Intrigued, any clues or are we to be patient 

Okay ... but don’t tell anyone else ;) 

Possibly.... Some Brit Cold War plus a few things thrown in foreign just to mix it up.

No particular order really just 8 that I quite fancy building with a reserve 

1. AFV Club Scimitar, usual kitchen sink being thrown at it. 

2. Tamiya Chally 2 backdated to BAOR 

3. Meng Leopard 2A4, I have the Cross Delta Flecktarn decals for the crew :whistle:

4. Tamiya T-72 ... updated and corrected 

5. Tamiya Chieftain with the AA ARV conversion 

6. Panda M1 IP Abrams

7. Tamiya Gamma Goat 

8. Panda Tunguska 

Reserve is the Tamiya Gepard. 

These are just a few that have been put on the pile for the next project, after this I’m back on the 436 ;)

Regards

Dan 

Cheers all, 

I had a monster decaling session last night, :frantic: 

Almost finished the decaling stage for the driver, amazing how you can get them to conform, Its not perfect but this is my first attempt.

P1070430

P1070431

P1070428

P1070433

It will get sealed in with some gloss and then flatted down yet, the arms and face need to be sorted out but it's coming together slowly.

Regards

Dan 

• Like 8

Kev... It's a Timex mate :frantic:

So another time consuming activity, painting up the face, I must admit I'm out of practice so 

a bit rusty with flesh tones. I'm of the Shep Paine school of figure painting, I never try to paint the eye balls.

I ain't good enough so rather than have a figure with a face like a boss eye druggy. I leave well alone and take the advice 

from one of the Grand fathers of figure painting. As he said "from 100 feet away can you see some ones eyeballs? "

Just the forearms and hands to do now. 

P1070438

P1070437

P1070436

P1070435

These are the Flesh tones I used for those interested, one of the AK boxed sets.

P1070440

Please enjoy folks 

Dan 

• Like 8

Hi Dan,

Incredible work with the uniform decals. Whilst some may ask 'is it worth the effort?' I have to say that it most definitely is. The fabric texturing would be impossible to replicate using a brush.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uniform decals looks great, Dan. A matte clear loses the shine and it will look very natural eventually. The painting of the flesh and details is top notch too.

Can't wait to see the completed figure

• Thanks 1