Tamiya M113

Cheers Rob, Tamiya Lacquer paints = Very good kit :thumbsup:

More weathering of the pack bay, these areas are incredibly oily and dirty. added more stains and oil grime to the floor. 

P1070328

P1070329

P1070330

P1070332

More later 

Dan 

• Like 7

More and more detail I think I'll give up on mine, it's know where near the standard of yours!

I like the look of those Tamiya laquer paints I might have to invest in some of them

Roger

• Like 1

Cheers guys, likes and comments are all appreciated 👍

16 hours ago, longshanks said:

Pics are looking good. I take it these are done using your new toy?

Kev

Yup, not complaining at the 8 quid that it cost, big thanks to Mike for spotting it. A really useful tool for photographing the builds, I would of never believed it that you can get a light box for that money. 

1 hour ago, Hamden said:

More and more detail I think I'll give up on mine, it's know where near the standard of yours!

I like the look of those Tamiya laquer paints I might have to invest in some of them

Roger

Roger, keep at it fella, every build is a school day and you learn so much with each build. I’m still trying new things and practicing various techniques, trust me I get get it wrong more times than I would admit, I just don’t tell you lot .....

Out of the box the Tamiya M113 is still a very acceptable kit and still holds up very well today so you have a good basis to work from. So get back to it and give us an update ;)

Tamiya nailed the new Lacquer paints, thin with Mr Levelling thinners, they spray beautifully and dry in about 3 minutes. They are very durable and do not rub off with handling. I’m impressed and the silver is very convincing the pigmentation is so fine you get a very realistic finish.

• Like 3

Excellent progress Dan. I can't remember what theatre you're finishing this in, but MR Models have just released a set of stowage and personal equipment for an M13 in Vietnam.

John.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Excellent progress Dan. I can't remember what theatre you're finishing this in, but MR Models have just released a set of stowage and personal equipment for an M13 in Vietnam.

John.

Cheers John, 

Going for the Cold War late 80’s - early 90’s scheme in the MERDC cam, saw the MR models set and it looks good indeed. 

Dan 

• Like 1

I am catching up when it comes to the forum, little by little, and I see this work.
I can only say, that, it is overwhelming, the level of detail and weathering is of a level I think is unattainable for me.
I hope you can see the magnificent work you are doing.

Cheers Dan 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the comments and likes, not had much time this week for bench time so a small update,

I say small but the painting for this little part took a while. Its the rear fuel tank. 

I'll let you enjoy the pictures.

P1070366

P1070367

P1070368

P1070371

Please enjoy 

Dan

• Like 14

Guys, thank you all for the comments and the massive amount of likes that I have received 

over the last few days. :frantic:

Another small update, the drivers seat is painted up and fitted, just needs a oil wash to add a bit of shadow. 

I can now look at the driver figure and get him sorted out. I've also painted and started to weather up the commanders foot stall.

Again primed, gloss black and Tamiya LP11 silver ready for the chipping.  Its had a blast of Mig Ammo APC green and chipped up. 

With some pigments and mud it should look okay.

P1070380

P1070379

P1070377

P1070378

P1070375

P1070374

Cheers for stopping by chaps and please enjoy ;)

• Like 10