CV22 Osprey in 1/48?

Whitewolf

The Italeri can be made into a decent kit, although you'd have to go to town on it to really make it nice.

Blackdog make some resin bits and there are some decal sheets with surface details.

I built this one up in anticipation of the new release. 

w7TKCVe.jpg

• Like 5

If you want one now in 48th , it has to be the Italeri one 

If you wanna wait for a surely more detailed but not necessarily more accurate one, your choice! Not sure when it really will be released... you can never really say... afaik, no sprue-shots were shown yet....

1 hour ago, One 48 said:

Be great if Tamiya did an Osprey in 1/48, shudder to think what it would cost though !

the same as their Tomcat approx....  I'd guess! but maybe.... as Japan is buying some... :)

MV-22-Osprey-Japan.jpg

https://sldinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/MV-22-Osprey-Japan.jpg

they look neat!

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 2

Well I too am hoping HB does a good job. Put the same crew that designed the A-6 and I would be a happy modeller. I have several Italeri kits and Cobra Company issued an update set to fix some of the issues. Lone Star has those moulds now so all is not lost.

Hasegawa has several releases in 1/72nd and I was hoping to see that upscaled to 1/48th but the cost would be up there.

Edited by Skyhawk174

On 8/21/2019 at 8:53 PM, Skyhawk174 said:

Well I too am hoping HB does a good job. Put the same crew that designed the A-6 and I would be a happy modeller. I have several Italeri kits and Cobra Company issued an update set to fix some of the issues. Lone Star has those moulds now so all is not lost.

Hasegawa has several releases in 1/72nd and I was hoping to see that upscaled to 1/48th but the cost would be up there.

Hmm, surprised Hasegawa haven't been there already