Airfix Sea King

Here we go folks, one more done and my first commission build for 25 years 

Some of you will have seen my first conversion of this great little kit, I enjoyed it 

and went to town on the detailing, this one was a bit more gentle. This one is for a paying customer 

so I hope he likes it.       This ain't no Diecast

P1060814

P1060815

P1060816

P1060817

P1060808

P1060807

With the first build I did. 

P1060812

P1060811

Enjoy the pictures and thanks for the support- comments and likes throughout the build.

For those who haven't yet been bored to death with this build here is the link to the build:- 

Dan 

• Like 64
  • Thanks 2

To all those seeing this for the first time, you are only getting half the picture. In the build log, you will see all the details included with the build, some of which is scratch build/sculpted out of putty, superb shadow painting and IP highlights.

My favorite picture is the thumbnail picture. I don't mean tiny picture, but the picture of his thumb holding the fuselage, showing exactly how small the kit is, which makes the achievements all that more enjoyable and impressive.

I hope to have a tenth of the detail represented here, in one of my 35th scale helo builds, being 72nd is just crazy! Their are a lot of 72nd builders out their, and I am amazed at what you guys can do. Then there are the next level guys, my friend Dan is the definition of next level in my book.

Cheers Dan, fantastic build!

Anthony

PS. Anyone interested in an insanity 72nd build, check out what my friend Tony has achieved so far. He has taken "scratch building" to the next, NEXT level. From doing his own vacuum forming, and brass work (made his own brass ball turret and vickers gun, I kid you not). The build started from a plastic kit, but is probably half scratch at this time, and it's not even finished. You want a master class, follow this link😁!

You can also check out any of Dan's WIP's, for a different type of masterclass teaching tool as well.

• Thanks 1

Cheers again everyone, the "Likes" count says that I didn't do a bad job :thumbsup:

Hopefully I've inspired a few people to have a go at one of these kits, they really are good.

So tomorrow its being picked up, sad to see her go. the bench has been cleared and a new project is on the go.

Regards

Dan 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dads203 said:

another helicopter

Since I know you are a 72 scaler, might I suggest the MH-47, or if you are feeling bold, one of the big birds, the new Academy AH-1W looks really nice, and not a bank breaking kit either. If you have the scratch, one of the new(ish) Kitty Hawk kits in 48 and 35 are detailer dreams, bet you could churn out a real flier with one of those😁!

Cheers,

Anthony

• Thanks 1

Just now, Stalker6Recon said:

Since I know you are a 72 scaler, might I suggest the MH-47, or if you are feeling bold, one of the big birds, the new Academy AH-1W looks really nice, and not a bank breaking kit either. If you have the scratch, one of the new(ish) Kitty Hawk kits in 48 and 35 are detailer dreams, bet you could churn out a real flier with one of those😁!

Cheers,

Anthony

Cheers Anthony, after the M113 build I quite fancy RAF Chinook HC-2 in 72nd scale, going overboard with the details, however the Strategic Planning Dept at Dads Model building HQ changes 

on a daily basis :hmmm:

Regards

Dan 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

RAF Chinook HC-2

That will be fun! Since I have me heart set on building a Chinook in the future, it would be a good reference to use when the time comes. I of course want to do a 35th scale in the 160th SOAR theme. Only one company makes the MH-47 in any scale at the moment, and it's 72nd, so not useful for my needs. I do have high hopes that Kitty Hawk, which has made a nice start of covering the SOAR birds in 35th, will be making the Chinook as well. The first, big size 47 in Special Operations for, sounds very nice! Boring black, but the armament will be off the charts compared to similar helicopters in service around the globe.

Make sure you send me the link when you start your 113, it will be nice to follow an armor build for a change.

Cheers,

Anthony

• Like 1

You can tell i do not frequent the wingy section much but I do like a good bit of water splashing  👍

and I didnt even realise you actually finished your builds or is that just the 43's  :whistle:

beefy

• Haha 1

Cheers everyone for the kind words,

Beefy, you can't rush perfection mate, the 43 I'm building is going be my old wagon so it's gotta be

bang on mate. It will be worth the wait ;)

Regards

Dan 

( The slow 43 builder ) 

• Haha 1