M113 APC

Hamden

Does anyone know the difference's between the Vietnam era M113 as used by American forces and the version used by the Canadian Armed Forces. Looking to build a 1/35 model using the old Tamiya Vietnam M113 apc as a base to model the Bovington Tank Museum example that I have had pleasure of driving when I worked there.

I know that the Canadian versions were painted forest green and used a different track type.

Thanks in advance for any help.  

Roger

I should also say that the camouflage also depends very much on the era you are portraying. Canadian vehicles were initially finished in plain olive green. Then they moved to a unique Canadian three-color pattern using green, khaki and black. More recently, they have tended to use the standard NATO three-colour (green/brown/black). They are also regular participant in UN peacekeeping deployments so a white M113 would also be an option. The vehicles that took part in the UNPROFOR mission in Bosnia in the ealrly 1990s are a case in point.

John

• Thanks 1

@John Tapsell many thanks for your reply. I am planning to replicate the M113 which is with the Bovington Tank Museum in the UK, it is finished in plain green similar in colour to the museums Canadian Leopards (forest green I think but will have to check). Will have a look at Legend conversion set many thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment.

Roger

• Like 1