Question about Ha-1109 in Spanish service: did it serve in Spanish Morocco?

28ZComeback

The so called "Gris Barracón" or "Barrack grey" in old England's language...

Some time ago, we discussed about that misterious colour in a spanish modelling forum, and some consensus was reached. The spanish Air Force, EdA (Ejército del Aire)  used enamel paints on our planes. It was made by a  local manufacturer named Titanlux. The  closest match from theur catalogue is 510 Gris azulado.

We tried to find a close match from available hobby paints, and Humbril 87  was choosen. I know there must be other  matches from , let's say, Tamiya, Gunze, etc...but as a fanatic Humbrol supperter, I stuck to that one. 

Best regards frim an absolutely hot Tenerife....

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings again. Does anyone know which version of the Tamiya 109 is best suited for the SBS Ha1109 conversion? I assumed the new G would be the best kit; now I am starting to think that the 1/48 Tamiya Bf109E would be the best starting point. Does anyone know which kit is best suited?  I would hate to cut up my new G model. Thank you.

Edited by 28ZComeback

They were based on the G2 airframe with a short extension inserted into the fuselage just before the tail plane section. This was to counter the greater area and weight of the engine area

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Black Knight said:

They were based on the G2 airframe with a short extension inserted into the fuselage just before the tail plane section. This was to counter the greater area and weight of the engine area

Was this extra length removed when the Merlin was fitted?

Trevor

49 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Was this extra length removed when the Merlin was fitted?

tbh. I think it was still there in the Merlin powered 1112s

I'm not sure which of my books has this detail.

I'm off to a show now for the day. I'll maybe look later this evening

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1