"View New Content" issue with Firefox

For the past few days, if I use Firefox and hit "View New Content" it pops up a dialogue stating that I'm trying to open "index.php" and asking me what I want to do. If I associate the file with Firefox it displays a text file from Invasion Services Inc. If I use Chrome, I don't get this, "View New Content" opens correctly.

Any ideas?

FWIW, I use Firefox on both the phone and the PC. Both are bookmarked to open on the New Content page--so I don't have to hit any 'extra' buttons--and I've experienced none of the issue you've described.

Hope you get it sorted, whatever it is.

1 hour ago, MR2Don said:

For the past few days, if I use Firefox and hit "View New Content" it pops up a dialogue stating that I'm trying to open "index.php" and asking me what I want to do. If I associate the file with Firefox it displays a text file from Invasion Services Inc.

I think your Firefox config has become corrupted somehow.  Firstly, reboot your device.  If it's still playing up you may have to reinstall or refresh Firefox to "fix" the associations and how FF will react to them.  It's a PITA fo' shizzle, but if you want to continue using FF, and it does have a rather good reputation for privacy, it's worth the effort :)

IIRC, there's a function within FF that allows you to test/fix it from within.  Have a look round the menus for that before you uninstall and reinstall.