AFV Club 1/35 FV 107 Scimitar

What a beauty. I was catching up and intending to comment that green and black would be my choice for this one, then I saw that's what you did!

I may have missed it, but what did you use to cover the exhaust there? It looks very effective.

Terry

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

What a beauty. I was catching up and intending to comment that green and black would be my choice for this one, then I saw that's what you did!

I may have missed it, but what did you use to cover the exhaust there? It looks very effective.

Terry

51 minutes ago, DAG058 said:

Nice work! I'm about half way through building the same kit, not too bad a build.

Thanks very much both of you.

Terry, the exhaust grill is a piece of PE brass that was included with the kit.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bish said:

Thought i should catch up on this, that look lovely. What colour did you use for the green, looks spot on.

Thanks very much. For the green I used Mr Hobby H309 and highlighted some areas with H303

Decals on and a coat of gloss prior to washes and weathering.

IMG_7433

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Looks superb in camo: not far to go now!

Roger

Thanks Roger.  I've done some washes so far this morning and plan on continuing with the weathering this afternoon,  unless of course the gaffer has other ideas. 🙄 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Looks great, remember watching these along with Chieftains and Challengers on the Lulworth ranges 30+ yrs ago, doesn't time fly!

Great work.

Darryl

Thanks Darryl.

Yes, I know what you mean. I was surprised when I read (according to wikipedia) these entered service in 1971, and they're still going!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Fishamatician said:

Great looking model, I picked this up today and it will be my first venture in to photo etch and metal barrels. I'm really impressed by how you can build afloat. 

Thanks very much. It's not too difficult on the ship, just extra care is needed when putting things down if you want them to be still there when you want them next. 🤣

You'll enjoy building this, it's a nice kit.

Roger.