AFV Club 1/35 FV 107 Scimitar

11 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

He is! Every time I've been in he's said what a great kit it is. One of the Polish lads has a 1/35 IBG field gun underway too so the ships model club is in full swing. 😂

I spent 2 years off Nigeria waking up to the smell of Mr Color wafting through the A/C from Arkady72's cabin 3 doors along. The stuff he does offshore is simply stunning and he always manages to get them home in one piece!

Duncan B

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Duncan B said:

I spent 2 years off Nigeria waking up to the smell of Mr Color wafting through the A/C from Arkady72's cabin 3 doors along. The stuff he does offshore is simply stunning and he always manages to get them home in one piece!

Duncan B

I've just been looking at some of his stuff on here and on his Facebook page, WOW!

Getting the stuff home in one piece is always a worry and I've only got a train journey without the perils of airport baggage handling.

This is how Shaun's 262 is looking, temporarily held together for the pics. I probably shouldn't be sneaking it in the armour forum but under the circumstances I might be forgiven. 

20190815_120732 20190815_120717

• Like 4

I'll tag along and watch this one Roger. I'm building a 1/72 Scimitar at the moment, the ACE model, and I have the one you are building in the stash.

Excellent progress so far.

Terry

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

I'll tag along and watch this one Roger. I'm building a 1/72 Scimitar at the moment, the ACE model, and I have the one you are building in the stash.

Excellent progress so far.

Terry

Thanks Terry.

I should have another update later today. 

Roger. 

A little late with the update but here it is anyway.

The expected struggle with the tracks never materialised. I glued the ends together with Gorilla superglue gel and left them overnight. To fit them they were immersed in a cup of hot water and I got them into place without any trouble.

A wipe of filler is needed here and there but I'm pretty close to giving it a coat of primer.

20190817_122205

• Like 10

Nice work so far Roger, especially with how you handled tbe tracks. Will you be representing the sag? When i built the kit many moons ago i did this with a bit of brass rod.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatfingers said:

Nice work so far Roger, especially with how you handled tbe tracks. Will you be representing the sag? When i built the kit many moons ago i did this with a bit of brass rod.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve.

To tell the truth I hadn't given much thought to creating a sag in these tracks as I had resigned myself to probably having to go down the after market route.

Because this was only ever going to be stop gap project I'm not sure it's worth the effort. Having said that it's renewed my interest in armour and there's going to be some Ebay purchases of the clunky variety waiting for me when I get home. 😁

• Like 1

A coat of primer, in hindsight I should have brought black primer with me, but I didn't so this is how it will stay till I get home.

The exhaust guard is still to be attached but I'll need to paint the exhaust first.

20190818_173431

20190818_173439

20190818_173412

Edited by Roger Newsome
  • Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

On the way back to Aberdeen at the moment and then home tomorrow so hopefully painting will commence pretty soon. I'm seriously considering abandoning the UN white idea and painting it in the green and black camo scheme.

Then there's this to finish.....

• Like 2

Hmm, green and white? No, I'm not changing my mind again. 🤣 As tempting as it is.

I got a coat of green on yesterday and a bit of colour modulation on that this morning. I've got a few household jobs to do this morning and then the black pattern on the green.

Roger

• Haha 1